Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theturtle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
I know there are a multitude of "my replacement has scratches" thread but i needed to vent my frustration..

My phone cracked two days ago so I went to the apple store on bolyston to get a replacement iphone 5.

After paying the 229+tax, the genius took out a replacement from a white box. tbh, i dont really care if its refurbished or not. As long as its flawless.

The genius did a quick pass of the device and then put in my sim card. When he put in my sim card, i assumed it passed his quality check and it was relatively mint.

When i went home and started using it, thats when i noticed all the damage. 3 of the four antenna bands have spots where the alumiunum chipped off. I have a pit on the plastic gasket next to the power button. Worst of all, on the right side of the phone, along the bezel, there are 8-10 little dots of aluminum showing.

I called the apple store that same night, the person said he i should come down asap. Unfortunately, I rely on public transportation in boston so i wasn't able to come down that same day. He said that he would email his manager and that i should come down tomorrow.

I know i'll get it replaced. its just im disappointed that my first replacement was so messed up when it seems alot of people are receiving flawless replacements. It makes me wonder if I have bad luck and will receive another janked up one tomorrow :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.