Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fantoni

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Hi, I'm looking for an iPad stand: it has to be light-weight, stable and with al least 2 positions (typing and video watching).

I've just found a new tablet stand from Belkin: the Belkin Tablet Stand.
It is a very simple product intended for the educational market but I think that it could have a more broad appeal especially if more colours are added. It has two positions 15 degrees (typing) and 120 degrees (video watching). It is made of plastic and its colours are a bit childish (but the grey one is pleasant). Price is around $ 20,00.

Here is some press stuff from Belkin US:
http://www.belkin.com/us/pdf?pCode=P-B2B026&vCode=B2B026-00 (PDF)
http://www.belkin.com/images/media/hi-res/B2B026-01_0858.jpg (High Res Image)

What do you think about it? Any drawbacks? Do you know similar products I should consider?

Fantoni

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I don't necessarily see any drawbacks, but I already have their Flip Blade Adjust or whatever it was called. This one arguably nicer looking, but probably not as portable as the other stand folds flat, but they both have the multi-angle feature.

Fantoni

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Hi, the Belkin FlipBlade is very nice and portable but it has just one position (video watching).

The Belkin FlipBlade Adjust, on the contrary, has multiple positions, but it is bigger.

The problem with the Belkin FlipBlade Adjust is that, according to some reviewers, it wobbles a bit, especially when typing. Can you confirm this problem?

Fantoni

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I have the FlipBlade Adjust. It was on sale at Best Buy for around $12 awhile back. I don't use the stand for typing very much, but have never had a problem when I did. The new stand looks very nice, but not enough where I would replace the one I got. Plus I like that I can fold the stand completely flat when not in use.

Fantoni

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2010
It seems that the Belkin stand I'm looking for is currently only for the US market :( I can't find any European retailer that sells it!

Just out of curiosity: Belkin says that the stand I'm talking about is available in "White/Gray", but I see it rather as "Lighter Gray/Gray"... What colors do you see it on your display?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
It seems that the Belkin stand I'm looking for is currently only for the US market :( I can't find any European retailer that sells it!

Just out of curiosity: Belkin says that the tablet I'm talking about is available in "White/Gray", but I see it rather as "Lighter Gray/Gray"... What colors do you see it on your display?

I just got the Cooler Master...Nice solid stand...E-Buyer had it for £12.99, not sure if they still do, but it's worth twice that....It's the first stand I've owned where I'm confident enough to go naked with my iPad.:)

Attachments

• wavemaster.png
    wavemaster.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
  • wavemaster2.png
    wavemaster2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
  • wavemaster3.png
    wavemaster3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 120

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009

Just out of curiosity: Belkin says that the stand I'm talking about is available in "White/Gray", but I see it rather as "Lighter Gray/Gray"... What colors do you see it on your display?

When I first looked at the pic I thought it was aluminum with the grey rubber padding.

Fantoni

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2010
I just got the Cooler Master...Nice solid stand...E-Buyer had it for £12.99, not sure if they still do, but it's worth twice that....It's the first stand I've owned where I'm confident enough to go naked with my iPad.:)

Nice stand! And what a price! However at this point I'm inclined to buy the Belkin FlipBlade Adjust (the stand of jedolley). It has a great review (A) on iLounge... Strangely enough I can't find any good video review on YouTube :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.