Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigchief

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2009
Pick up my new iPhone 5 yesterday and when I got it home I noticed the screen has a yellow tint to it. On my iPhone 4 the whites were much more brilliant. Anyone else have this issue?

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Pick up my new iPhone 5 yesterday and when I got it home I noticed the screen has a yellow tint to it. On my iPhone 4 the whites were much more brilliant. Anyone else have this issue?

Nope. There's multiple topics but I think they are joking

bigchief

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2009
I'm not joking

----------

The whites are not really yellow but an off white. I thought they improved the screen on the iPhone 5 but the screen on my iPhone 4 is much better

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Blue screens are cold; yellow tints are warmer. Up your brightness and you won't see it so much. There are pages of posts about this, as mentioned above.

If your screen is yellowed like nicotine stained or urine colored, take it back. Those are the extreme and legitimate examples for exchanging.

Last edited:

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
I'm not joking

----------

The whites are not really yellow but an off white. I thought they improved the screen on the iPhone 5 but the screen on my iPhone 4 is much better

Jeez...he was being sarcastic.

I also got one with a yellow tint. some sources online seem to claim that it is due to the glue used, and that it will cure over time and get better. Some claim otherwise (different panels by different makers).

Whatever the truth is, I have noticed that my screen looks bluer now (it took about a week for a minor change, and it has been 2-3 now and I can see that it is very blue).

However, I can't rule out the placebo effect or different lighting conditions. Whatever the case is, it looks fine to me now.

I also went to compare with models in the store (10-15) and while mine does look more "yellow" I noticed ALL the units in the store had a red tint to their screens. Between the two, I would rather have my yellow screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.