Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trung979

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
I recently bought the new iPod Touch and I've been noticing that it always disconnects from my wifi after a few hours of reconnecting it. I'm pretty sure that its not my wifi's fault because my old Touch doesn't have this problem. Is anyone else experiencing this or should I go back and get a new one?

trung979

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Yup, it is 6.0.1

----------

Is your problem the same as mine or is it another general wifi problem? I just did some quick searches and found that the main wifi issues were the wifi option being grayed out or wifi not working at all. I didn't see anything mentioning loss of connection.

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
I recently bought the new iPod Touch and I've been noticing that it always disconnects from my wifi after a few hours of reconnecting it. I'm pretty sure that its not my wifi's fault because my old Touch doesn't have this problem. Is anyone else experiencing this or should I go back and get a new one?

Try this: Go into your WiFi settings, chose "other," then enter the name of your network, your password, and tell it to renew lease.

My iPod Touch 5 connected to and remembered every network it met - except my home network. It would either not connect, or once connected, drop out.

It's behaved perfectly since I did the above.

pachi

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2012
What if your at a different persons (client) house everyday and you're not able to adjust their wifi settings?

trung979

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Try this: Go into your WiFi settings, chose "other," then enter the name of your network, your password, and tell it to renew lease.

My iPod Touch 5 connected to and remembered every network it met - except my home network. It would either not connect, or once connected, drop out.

It's behaved perfectly since I did the above.

I tried this last night and when I woke up it was still connected. Thanks so much! Ill keep watching it for the next day to make sure it doesn't happen again though.

----------

What if your at a different persons (client) house everyday and you're not able to adjust their wifi settings?

On the iPod's wifi menu, theres a little blue circle with an arrow next to each wifi network. Tap the arrow and you are taken to the network's information. That is where you can renew the lease. (If that was what you were asking)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.