Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

berthenderson

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2012
I'm usually exceptionally careful with my iPad, and the other day after work, my friend suggested we go the pub. I had my iPad with me, and since I didn't want to take my iPad into the pub with me, I asked if I could leave it in the car. He took it off me, and JAMMED it underneath the passenger seat so it was out of sight. Now, I keep my iPad in an STM Stash bag, which offers padding, and my iPad is also in a thin folio case. I've since checked my iPad and can't see any damage, so was wondering whether the bag and the case are sufficient enough protection, or could the 'jamming' have caused any internal damage?

Vitrum

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2012
Ive drop mine several times lol pretty nasty looking bumps and on one side the bezel is raising. (Ipad2)

Works the same :) il post pictures if i remember when i get home.

bobbysmith

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2012
No, it's not going to cause any internal damage. I suspect you are really, really babying your iPad. Other than scratching and cracking the screen, there's not much you can do to damage it.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Well... I'm always surprised my kids iPads still work and look great. I'm not super strict with them about how they treat them bc we have apple care+ on them. But I've caught my 2 year old standing on his and treating it in other not so nice ways... And amazingly you can't tell. Now... I'm sure I've just jinxed myself and someone will break theirs... But they have already proven themselves to be way more durable than I thought they would be. They are both in a leather case that covers all corners and the bezel for added drop protection. We put ours under our car seats all the time btw.

Last edited:

bobbysmith

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2012
Those tests are silly. If you're lucky, the ipad will survive a fall from the second floor. If you're unlucky, the screen will get scratched by a single grain of sand or crack if it falls off of the couch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.