Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freakx45

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
Is it still possible to sell my unlimited 3G plan I currently have on my iPad 1? One of my colleagues stated that it was possible, but haven't found any concrete writings that it is.

If so, what steps do I need to take to sell it?

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
As far as I can tell . . . it is possible with the cavet that you would (might) be liable for extra charges.

Exactly. I think the "account" would have to remain in the OP's name/credit info. If it were changed, the data plan would probably have to be changed, I'm guessing...

J&JPolangin

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2008
Close to a boarder, in Eu
Is it still possible to sell my unlimited 3G plan I currently have on my iPad 1? One of my colleagues stated that it was possible, but haven't found any concrete writings that it is.

If so, what steps do I need to take to sell it?

Thanks seems like more of a hassle than just getting rid of it

Why would you want to get rid of it, you can't get it back if you want/need it again...If I had an unlimited plan that cheap, I would use the iPad and a prepaid cell as I don't think smart phones are the end all, be all that others think they are (the screen is too small)!

Freakx45

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
Why would you want to get rid of it, you can't get it back if you want/need it again...If I had an unlimited plan that cheap, I would use the iPad and a prepaid cell as I don't think smart phones are the end all, be all that others think they are (the screen is too small)!

I barely use the data anymore. I needed it back when i traveled for work but now that i sit at a desk most of the day, i am connected to wifi. I cannot justify paying the $130 premium just for LTE on a new iPad and $30 dollars a month when I do not use it anymore.

ZZ Bottom

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Read up some more on it before just abandoning it! I've seen people pay several hundred dollars for those sims. Apparently you will just have to change the credit card to like a prepaid debit with a month's balance on it. Then you have to change your account info to something temporary for selling purposes.

Essentially the buyer will have to log into the account and input their own info and CC before the next bill cycle to have the unlimited continue under their name.

Keep searching for more accurate details then what I gave. I would not forfeit the profit you can make from a few minutes of account changing. Also, you could look up some eBay postings for the same thing to sell what sort of disclaimer you need to make.

Good luck!

blackoutRF

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Nomad
I have one of these plans and all you need to do is either place a temporary prepaid CC on the account or make sure you have 30 days paid out so that the new owner logs in and changes the information to his CC information and that's that. Literally takes less than 10-15 minutes for it to all be done. It's all done through: att.com/ipadlanding

Can also be done from an iPad directly. PM me if you need any help.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
I barely use the data anymore. I needed it back when i traveled for work but now that i sit at a desk most of the day, i am connected to wifi. I cannot justify paying the $130 premium just for LTE on a new iPad and $30 dollars a month when I do not use it anymore.

Check your PM whenever you get a chance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.