Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mok23

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
Ever since I got my iphone 5 whenever I leave my house (wifi) it should go to 4g or LTE but it just shows the AT&T sign.. and for me to get Internet connection I have to turn off the phone and turn it back on. random info (2nd day I got the phone I suddenly got No sim installed and I took the sim out and cleaned it and I got service again) could this be the reason why I don't get Internet connection sometimes. and I always get 3-4 bars every where I go. I also tried the airplane mode to reset the cell connection does not work. could it be a sim problem? phone? Any ideas?

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Ever since I got my iphone 5 whenever I leave my house (wifi) it should go to 4g or LTE but it just shows the AT&T sign.. and for me to get Internet connection I have to turn off the phone and turn it back on. random info (2nd day I got the phone I suddenly got No sim installed and I took the sim out and cleaned it and I got service again) could this be the reason why I don't get Internet connection sometimes. and I always get 3-4 bars every where I go. I also tried the airplane mode to reset the cell connection does not work. could it be a sim problem? phone? Any ideas?

Has been happening to me too. Started when LTE became available. Same as you, leave wifi area and it simply says ATT at the top, no 4g, LTE, ect.

I have to turn the phone off and on to get it to fix itself. Denver Colorado Area here

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
this happened to me after 6.0.1 update. when i leave home, sometimes the signal is only 1, 3g still appear but i can't seem to use the internet. i have to turn on airplane mode and back off to get the signal and internet connection working again.

no wonder forstall got fired.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Hmmm maybe I should get my dev friend to register my UDID on his account and try out the 6.1 beta to see if it fixes this problem. I attributed it to LTE's newness here in Denver, but if other cities with already established LTE networks have the issue on 6.0.1, maybe it is due to the software.

mok23

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
so it's a software issue..I also feel like I get iMessage texts late.. but the main issue is the Internet connection. can it be a sim problem? Also this is just something I noted.. the signal bars constantly "refreshing" it goes to 5 bars back to 1 bar and then to whatever signal you were getting. Ex: if I have 3 bars.. it will suddenly go to 5 quickly back to 1 then back to the original signal.

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
so it's a software issue..I also feel like I get iMessage texts late.. but the main issue is the Internet connection. can it be a sim problem? Also this is just something I noted.. the signal bars constantly "refreshing" it goes to 5 bars back to 1 bar and then to whatever signal you were getting. Ex: if I have 3 bars.. it will suddenly go to 5 quickly back to 1 then back to the original signal.

Had this happen to me also, Verizon here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.