Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GlynJones

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
Hi all,
Recently bought a Dual 2.0 Power Mac and am very happy with it except for the speakers buzz interference and ticking noise.

The question I am asking is would the "M-Audio Revolution 5.1 PCI Audio Card" fix the problem or would a set of speakers with digital input clear the problem instead.

Does the digital output bypass the sound interference? If so, then can anyone recommend a good set of 2.1 digital speakers that are available in the UK?

Thanks for any help. At the moment I’m just using the internal speaker as it’s driving me nuts using the speakers at the moment.

Glyn.

sphereboy

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2002
MIAMI.FL.USA
same here. not the interference but i really want to utilize the digital audio out that the G5 PowerMacs come with, but have no clue where to start.

I mean i know i can get a Receiver and connect the Digital Audio to that but i really don't want another piece of electronics on my work area.

Do Digital Speakers really exist? Is there a "mini" receiver that can be connected to the digital out? This looks and sounds like something Griffin Technology would produce.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.