Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

burnside

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
I absolutely love the Defender for the Mini.
Otterbox hit it out of the park with this case.
Great feel, not too bulky, super protective, great fit.

Awesome!

Once you get an Otterbox you might as well drop the "Mini" the iPad name. If you need super protection though, I get it.

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
Just stop by at Bestbuy around my area, notice that there are incase for iPad Mini on the shelf!!

Here is the link for product!!

http://goincase.com/products/detail/folio-cl60300

The Bestbuy I was at yesterday had this too but only in a blue i didn't at all care for and I don't care for most cases that cover the edge of the screen....so I passed it by. Just a personal preference thing.

----------

Once you get an Otterbox you might as well drop the "Mini" the iPad name. If you need super protection though, I get it.

Sorry...have to respectfully disagree. Have you actually tried it, or are you assuming?

In use....so without the front cover on....I actually think it almost seems more manageable and comfortable for someone with adult, dude-sized hands.

Steve

Last edited:

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
I absolutely love the Defender for the Mini.
Otterbox hit it out of the park with this case.
Great feel, not too bulky, super protective, great fit.

Awesome!

Completely agree.

I passed it by the first few times because of perceived added bulk looking at it in the packaging in the store. Once I said "screw it" though and opened up the package in the store I realized that in use, w/o the front cover/stand, it was actually a pretty decent size. Once I got it home and installed my Mini I knew I had made a good decision.

I think if the Mini is a go everywhere device this is an excellent choice. I feel completely confident in chucking in my bag or setting it on the edge of the sink in the throne room with tile floors :)

Steve

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Got my WaterField Ultimate case for the mini. Quality is top notch. A bit expensive but unlike a fitted back type I can use this for several generations of the mini assuming the form does not change substantially. My full size one fit my gen 1,2,3 and with minor cleaning looks as good as new.

598524_290408877744962_1487654934_n.jpg

550132_290409261078257_971303568_n.jpg

46536_290417931077390_499864798_n.jpg

Last edited:

Smileyboy

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
Got my WaterField Ultimate case for the mini. Quality is top notch. A bit expensive but unlike a fitted back type I can use this for several generations of the mini assuming the form does not change substantially. My full size one fit my gen 1,2,3 and with minor cleaning looks as good as new.

Nice! Does it have pockets for accessories?

h1kar1

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2007
Los angeles
I have some WaterField Ultimate case bags,

They are totally top quality, And last.
I would of jumped on the however I've been looking for the same type of sleeve but in leather.

drober30

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Picked up an Otterbox Defender on a whim today at Bestbuy. . I'm normally not a bulky, over protective case guy, but so far I'm really liking it. At times I was thinking the Mini with Smart Cover was just a little to small / thin freezing in the hand. Couldn't figure out how to hold it.

I think they really did a good job on keeping the bulk down and making it feel great in the hand.

Steve

Same here, I agree with what you said and in fact, the iPad mini is so thin that putting it into the Otterbox Defender makes it really nice and easier to hang onto!

I highly recommend this case and love the cover that you can use as a stand.

I removed the plastic protective lens that's part of the case. I cant stand screen protectors or plastic covers that protect the screen. I want to interact with the actual screen itself!

I have had every iPhone to date and never protected the screens and have not had a scratch on any of my screens to date. The glass is pretty tough stuff.

Ankaa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
The pictures on Amazon for the poetic slimline changed. Too bad, I really preferred the appearance of the ones in the youtube video. :(

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
KHOMO Folio case from Amazon

I don't know if anyone has seen this case. I originally ordered it around the time I pre-ordered the mini for $3.99 (Has since been raised to $9.99). It currently does not have the slee/wake feature, but like other cases, a replacement will be sent once completed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009E8O25I/ref=ox_ya_os_product

The case is pretty nice considering the price.

khomo1.jpg

Close up to show the pattern/texture. It's more of a dark gray than the black that is pictured here.
khomo2.jpg

khomo3.jpg

khomo4.jpg

The cutouts are OK, but I wish there was alittle more coverage.
khomo5.jpg

khomo6.jpg

khomo7.jpg

Stand modes are sturdy and work well.
khomo8.jpg

khomo9.jpg

khomo10.jpg

Overall, I'm like this more than the Speck FitFolio and JoyFactory SmartSuit, but will reserve final judgement to when I get the replacement with the sleep/wake function.

joelk2

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
sure you are....MODS...this is SPAM......

Yeah exactly. I did a crap job of spamming without a link. Haha. So once it's arrived I will post my thoughts on it. Please feel free to troll somewhere else.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Lighten up, Francis. It's not like he's repeatedly posted pictures of CF strips applied to everything complete with a vendor link.

that and reviews and pics of portenzo, saddleback, timbuk2, incipio, macally, kays case, and about 20 more products for large ipads/iphones/MBA's...what have you added?....I post things I like...period...

when a person shows 15 diff products and says "I'm getting this one" - it looks totally like spam....you were not around here for "sexytabitha" or yaboo posts, I guess....spam that looked totally like this...

signed
Francis...

Last edited:

joelk2

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
that and reviews and pics of portenzo, kays case, and about 20 more products for large ipads...what have you added?....

when a person shows 15 diff products and says "I'm getting this one" - it looks totally like spam....you were not around here for "sexytabitha" or yaboo posts, I guess....spam that looked totally like this...

signed
Francis...

It's actually only 1 product in 3 different colors. (As with most cases) posted all the pictures as this is a case thread in which people might like the case and also want the case.

Either way I'm ordering it, it will take a while to be delivered as its coming from the east. Anyways. Nillkin is a make which does all sorts of cases.

joelk2

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
good...I'm glad you are getting it, post up a pic and your likes and dislikes here....what is it about this case you like?

I looks like its well made and fits the ipad lovely. I guess time will tell but I will most definitely put up some pics.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Devicewear is taking pre-orders for their iPad mini Ridge case. Site shows it for $39.95, but there is a pre-order coupon available that takes 50% off, 50OFFMINI (Until 11/17).

http://www.devicewear.com/the-ridge-ipad-mini-case/

I'm thinking that I like this style folio case more than say the Smart Case like folios, or folios similar to the iPad 1 design. If anyone has spotted a similarly designed case on Amazon please point it out to me, specially the ones that snap in and have the back completely covered.

Sweet! It appears my Devicewear order has shipped. Will post pics once I get it, probably later this week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.