Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdrainSingapore

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Share with me your opinion on cases and your preferences on the types(bumper, snap-on, hybrid cases etc). Tell me what has been on your iphone(screen protectors, cases, skin, side protector) and how is the state of it and specify the colour of your phone.

My black iphone came unfinished anodizing on the bezel near the headphone jack and it rubbed off, revealing and obvious silver band. I didn't mind as they ought to get scuffed in the future. So I just covered everything up with a tpu case. I used a case not just because I wanted to protect it and cover it up, I used a case before it feels better as I have sweaty palms and the sweat literally sticks on the the aluminum, ending up with a weird odour. I used either a Matt tpu case that is translucent or a high gloss solid black case.

I'm not OCD, just curious what you all think. To those people who are OCD, just focus on your screen, you can't have anything more beautiful then the display.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
With the new design of the 5, particularly the rear...Shell snap in cases are out, and I am using a Stilgut slide in leather case. It can't damage the back, as there is no "Shell" to cause damage. I am pretty OCD when it comes to keeping my investment in pristine condition.:)

Attachments

• 61fhP2wxonL._AA1500_.jpg
    61fhP2wxonL._AA1500_.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 713-0bq+NCL._AA1500_.jpg
    713-0bq+NCL._AA1500_.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 56

AdrainSingapore

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Quite sleek, I am planning to get one of those when it is available in my country for a reasonable price.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
I've always liked bumper style cases, but I'm loving my Elago Outfit right now, which is a thin snap case that adds little bulk and feels like the bare phone. In any case, I don't like bulk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.