Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Erock2

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2012
You will most likely have to update as I'm sure they had a pretty big stockpile of 4's. Of course it may come with 6.... I got a refurb a bit ago and it had 5.1.1.

They come with it PreInstalled now, at least all of the one's i've sold. You can tell on the box, the new box has a picture of iOS6 as a screenshot on the phone (You can see passbook)

sandwicher

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
I'm curious as to your reason for buying a 8GB iPhone 4 now. Why did you buy it instead of the 16GB 4S?

Hello! The iPhone was for my mother actually. She doesn't believe in paying hundreds for a phone, so I got her to recontract an iPhone 5, sell it off, and purchase a iPhone 4. Basically that made her pay much less.

Dragoro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
With all the complaints of iOS 6 ruining the battery time on iphone 4s, should I hold off to install it if it doesnt come installed already? Mine arrives in mail tomorrow and kinda scared about upgrading to ios 6 with all those websites saying it kills the battery.

Dragoro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
Would you guys recommend installing ios 6 on it? Or does iOS 6 really kill the battery life?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.