Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
What's the difference btwn a factor unlocked phone and one unblocked by the carrier? If AT&T has unlocked my phone I assume it can then be used on other US carriers?
Thanks!

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
No difference.
They both will accept and work with any GSM sim.

Thanks! Is one unlocked by AT&T worth more than a not unlocked phone. It's a 4s. I assume that most people selling their 4s's can get them unlocked right?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Thanks! Is one unlocked by AT&T worth more than a not unlocked phone. It's a 4s. I assume that most people selling their 4s's can get them unlocked right?

Yes, it should sell for a little more and faster since it can be used on any GSM carrier.
Not everyone knows about the AT&T ebay unlocks etc...
Most buyerd just want a phone that is already unlocked and they dont have to do any work besides sticking their sim in and use it.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Yes, it should sell for a little more and faster since it can be used on any GSM carrier.
Not everyone knows about the AT&T ebay unlocks etc...
Most buyerd just want a phone that is already unlocked and they dont have to do any work besides sticking their sim in and use it.

Mine was unlocked by att not on e bay. Thanks for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.