Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
My new mini has 6.01 and the OS is truly a POS. stupidly I went ahead and updated my ipad3 to 6. One big loss is street view in maps. Apple is careening downhill. They drop the iPad 3 after 7 months, causing it to lose resale value. The mini is brought out prematurely with dated technology and IOS 6 is a mess. The post jobs era is fxxxed. Hope I'm not out of line.:D

Trat

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2010
Apple is doomed. I think within 24 months, everyone will be carrying a Surface (it runs Office and has the street maps). Nobody will be using dated technology anymore: Jobs would agree, I'm sure! He would never have approved of dropping the iPad 3. I mean; they just dropped that. They dropped it like a 100ft down, everyone is selling that device now and it's worth a POS.

Last edited:

N0ddie

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2011
Glasgow
Surely this thread should be in the IOS 6 section of the forum. There you can join the month old threads complaining about the same thing?

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
Apple is doomed. I think within 24 months, everyone will be carrying a Surface (it runs Office and has the street maps). Nobody will be using dated technology anymore: Jobs would agree, I'm sure! He would never have approved of dropping the iPad 3. I mean; they just dropped that. They dropped it like a 100ft down, everyone is selling that device now and it's worth a POS.
Yes quick everyone sell your Apple stuff before Apple collapses! :rolleyes: Nice trolling.

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
My new mini has 6.01 and the OS is truly a POS. stupidly I went ahead and updated my ipad3 to 6. One big loss is street view in maps. Apple is careening downhill. They drop the iPad 3 after 7 months, causing it to lose resale value. The mini is brought out prematurely with dated technology and IOS 6 is a mess. The post jobs era is fxxxed. Hope I'm not out of line.:D

Stupid on multiple levels.

So you believe the iPad mini came with date technology and iOS is a mess. Yet you bought an iPad Mini.

You thought iOS 6 is POS, yet you update your iPad 3 to iOS 6.

You want street view, but not smart enough to access street view on your iPad browser.

Um.. okay dude.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I was concerned about updating my iPad 2 to iOS 6 because of all the bad press, regarding poor battery life, crashes and OS sluggishness. I can say other than the new maps and the removal of the YouTube app, iOS 6.0.1 isn't a mess. My battery life which was a HUGE concern for me isn't a problem after all. In fact my better life appears to be much better with iOS 6.0.1

The OS still works the same and doesn't appear to be sluggish at all. The only thing i've noticed is a few more crashes in Safari.

jcr918

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2012
I also have to agree.

I can confirm that mobile hot spot is not working on both Ipad and Iphone. It will work through usb but not wifi. Apple is pissing me off

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
wow....I'll sell everything right now based on you guys...thanks...

but all my stuff is working fine & had no problem selling my 3.......does that matter?

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I also have to agree.

I can confirm that mobile hot spot is not working on both Ipad and Iphone. It will work through usb but not wifi. Apple is pissing me off

Works fine for me, too. As a matter of fact, this post is made from my iPad mini tethered to my VZW LTE iPhone 5.

pasadena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Seattle, WA

But you're sure the very first one to post that ! Congrats !

Anyway, iOS6 doesn't feel any different than the iOS5 I still have on my iPhone. Except for Maps but since my iPad is wifi only I don't really care.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles

6 has been fine for me short of wifi sync issues.

maps/navigation worked great for me here in LA.

iPad 3 resale thing is not Apple's problem- they build devices to sell not for you to flip a year later (sucks for us but I can't blame them)

iPad mini is great and for what it is, the budget model iPad. The tech in the Mini reflects what the market trend allows to fit into it at this price point. This price point is the most meager profit margin of any Apple Product and it would be ridiculous for the consumer to ask a company who's business model is to sell devices at a profit to sell their devices at break even/loss prices.

jcr918

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2012
Works fine for me, too. As a matter of fact, this post is made from my iPad mini tethered to my VZW LTE iPhone 5.

I can't get my hot spot to work for nothing nor could my friend. I even rest cellular data and re booted. When my laptop is connected through usb it will connect just find but not unless it connected also the name will not show up on any device at all :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.