Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Wouldn't that depend more on your carrier?

But I'll offer my experience anyway: I'm a Galaxy Nexus owner on Tmobile, and call quality is great either via headpiece or speaker (both ear and loud speaker). The only time it isn't clear has to do with the carrier, like if I'm deep inside a building or something and my reception is obviously not ideal. Everywhere else where I get service, the quality has been great.

Samsung is notorious (I think? Not sure how widespread this is) but having reception issues with their devices. I haven't experienced it myself, per se. But regardless, the Nexus 4 is made by LG so it'll be a different story, for better or worse.

Hope that helped some.

I would say no. My iPhone had great clarity during calls. My Vibrant wasnt as good and my GS3 is good. LG i have no idea how good their phones are but im going to find out...though a bit later. Perhaps in late December. Im really hoping they announce a 32GB version.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Its a debatable point atm. Seems there are differing opinions.

Yeah I can't believe the difference in the engadget review and the Verge review.

Engadget: crappy battery life, weird lags

Verge: awesome battery life, performance second to none

Weird, but they both agree (and I do too) lack of LTE kind of sucks. But I don't have LTE on my 4s either so I suppose it doesn't matter. I'd love to see the truth of the battery life though.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Yeah I can't believe the difference in the engadget review and the Verge review.

Engadget: crappy battery life, weird lags

Verge: awesome battery life, performance second to none

Weird, but they both agree (and I do too) lack of LTE kind of sucks. But I don't have LTE on my 4s either so I suppose it doesn't matter. I'd love to see the truth of the battery life though.

Probably the most thorough Nexus 4 review out there: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...premium-flagship-phone-that-android-deserves/

It addresses almost everything, including the pre-released software that is wrecking havoc with consistency across different reviews.

Vitrum

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2012
In the italy video the guy stated that battery life was good and last him whole day, morning-work-home and battery still going.

If battery life turns out to be ****** its android problem and nothing to do with the device; seems thats the only problem with android.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
those reviews are based on unofficial software running

plus battery life hasn't been bad on most of the reviews

Good to hear. It's too bad that Engadget made such a huge deal about the battery life, and they didn't mention it was beta software. A lot of people trust them for reviews and it seems they slacked on those important points.

Elit3

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
And how many people are on JB? I think project butter is one of the most important things Google has announced in Android, and it gets too little publicity.

Carriers and smartphone companies are doing a disservice to Google's Android by not speeding up and rolling out JB to the masses.

The first Android Phone I used (for work) was a Droid Incredible on Gingerbread, and my first impression was that it was garbage (100% due to the lag and lack of response).

It would go a long way in erasing the stigma that Android phones lag.

very much agreed. And I think that Google will do more of this and not having any carrier locked phones ever again. I hope Samsung, HTC and the rest of the android OEM's start this too, and they need to update faster, like Samsung took 4 months to update the SGS3, because of TouchWiz UX.

Winnychan213

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2011
it doesn't look very good, but 1.5 quad core and 2 GB is really attractive, and it will probably get update faster than Samsung as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.