Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
This feature has gone to $&@* REAL quick. I NEVER had a problem with it when I had the 4, and now I'm having a problem sending and receiving messages. It says "sending" forever, and then clumps and sends the texts all at once.

brokenbuyer

macrumors regular
May 7, 2011
Mine is fine.
I turned it off since I've been getting better battery life w.o it.

Also have unlimited texting. If I'm sending large files/photos I also use texting. UNLESS, I need to retain quality then I will send iMessage.

Will also use iMessage when I have no cell service but have WiFi.

iforbes

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
Do you have connectivity issues? only happen on wifi or LTE too? Have you called apple to get phone support?

Quit complaining and do something about it.

acorntoy

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
For me it works perfectly. But I'm debating turning it off because I get unlimited text but not unlimited data

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
People post stuff like this here thinking that us fanboys are going to try to convince you why the iPhone is great and why you need to keep it. Just get a Galaxy or whatever. We don't care.

Last time I checked, this was a forum about whatever issues we may be having with an iPhone. Because collectively, if the problem continues to happen, there could possibly be a bug. What an original concept...

Unlike your smug, pompous comment that brings nothing to the table. It's you that has it wrong, no one cares about your philosophical psycho babble...

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Last time I checked, this was a forum about whatever issues we may be having with an iPhone. Because collectively, if the problem continues to happen, there could possibly be a bug. What an original concept...

Unlike your smug, pompous comment that brings nothing to the table. It's you that has it wrong, no one cares about your philosophical psycho babble...

Well it got 6 up votes so he did something right, you're telling us your phone has problems every single day yet you never elaborate on these "problems" leading us to think you're trying to get people to switch over.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
People post stuff like this here thinking that us fanboys are going to try to convince you why the iPhone is great and why you need to keep it. Just get a Galaxy or whatever. We don't care.

I don't think he's looking for you to stop him. After all, he is fanboi4life

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
Well it got 6 up votes so he did something right, you're telling us your phone has problems every single day yet you never elaborate on these "problems" leading us to think you're trying to get people to switch over.

Right, because I care about "votes." Your problem is that your paranoid enough to think that every single member who has a problem wants to "convert" people to Android. That is so laughable, grow up.

Enough.

anonjd

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2012
iMessages always work well for me. There was only one time when I couldn't send or receive messages and that only lasted for 1-2 hours.

I find it more useful now that I can link my phone number to my Apple ID and start new conversations from Messages on my MBA.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Right, because I care about "votes." Your problem is that your paranoid enough to think that every single member who has a problem wants to "convert" people to Android. That is so laughable, grow up.

Enough.

You're the problem.
"oh my data connection wasn't working it's apple's fault"
"this never happened on my 4"
"I have an ip5 its problems galore with it everyday"
either elaborate on these problems so we can suggest a fix or get another cell phone.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
You have problems EVERY day and you don't have enough common sense to have it replaced? That's the problem, not the phone.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Yup. Hate my i5. It ruins my life every day.

Could I live without it? Buy something else?

No way!

For all the hate, people sure have a hard time giving it up... It's almost like its the best phone ever or something? Perfect? Nah, but still the best device ever overall.

That's why people like this can't move on. There's nothing better to move on to. It's not about carriers anymore, and they could PROFIT from a change.

But they never ever would :p

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
You're the problem.
"oh my data connection wasn't working it's apple's fault"
"this never happened on my 4"
"I have an ip5 its problems galore with it everyday"
either elaborate on these problems so we can suggest a fix or get another cell phone.

I keep forgetting I'm dealing with 13 year olds...

Every once in a while you get some good information in this forum, but half the members are bombarded by immature post like "Return it if you don't like it..."

...what a joke.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Would someone please direct me to where I can read what the advantage iMessage has over (unlimited) AT&T SMS?

I honestly don't have that figured out.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I keep forgetting I'm dealing with 13 year olds...

Every once in a while you get some good information in this forum, but half the members are bombarded by immature post like "Return it if you don't like it..."

...what a joke.

You have so MANY problems with this phone and you never do anything about it. You deserve the "immature" posts. You obviously don't like the phone so why do you keep subjecting yourself to using it.

----------

Would someone please direct me to where I can read what the advantage iMessage has over (unlimited) AT&T SMS?

I honestly don't have that figured out.

It's blue, free, faster, international texting, can send to almost every iOS device, delivery/read receipts, don't have to use a carrier signal if it's not available.

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
You have so MANY problems with this phone and you never do anything about it. You deserve the "immature" posts. You obviously don't like the phone so why do you keep subjecting yourself to using it.

Actually, there's an easier way for you to handle my posts, block me. I get to keep my phone, and you never get to see me again. Problem solved.

shotts56

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2008
Scotland

Someone got up out of bed on the wrong side this morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.