Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laxexquis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
Hi,

I need to replace my logic board and I am hoping that my serial number doesn't get changed when I do so. I still want the internal serial number to match my exterior serial number or the value of the computer will decrease.

So will it change when I replace the logic board or is it stored in the hard drive?

53x12

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2009
Hi,

I need to replace my logic board and I am hoping that my serial number doesn't get changed when I do so. I still want the internal serial number to match my exterior serial number or the value of the computer will decrease.

So will it change when I replace the logic board or is it stored in the hard drive?

Go to About this Mac > More Info > Then serial number will be displayed.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Click on the little black Apple logo on the top left hand corner on your screen. Then click on 'About This Mac', which is the first item on the drop down menu; at the bottom of 'About This mac', you should see a button which says, 'More Info'. Click on that, and it'll bring up all the data about your computer, including the serial number.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.