Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2010
This feature has gone to $&@* REAL quick. I NEVER had a problem with it when I had the 4, and now I'm having a problem sending and receiving messages. It says "sending" forever, and then clumps and sends the texts all at once.

If iMessage isn't working why not try samsung galaxy s3 or a windows phone?

nitemare

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
@Fanboi4life- like others have said, WHY DONT YOU TRY TELLING US EXCATLY WHATS WRONG WITH AND GOING ON WITH YOUR IMESSAGE SO WE CAN TRY AND HELP OUT, otherwise we can't help or make suggestions on how to fix it other then to take it back or call Apple.

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
Would someone please direct me to where I can read what the advantage iMessage has over (unlimited) AT&T SMS?

I honestly don't have that figured out.

The advantage of iMessage is that it's free to any person with an iPhone or iOS device. In my case so many people use iMessage that for the very few who don't I gave them my Google Voice number and now I don't have to pay for text messaging anymore. So the iMessage/Google Voice combination will save me over $250 a year.

Tumi 07

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
I am actually having an iMessage problem. My friend recently switched from an iPhone to the galaxy s3 and every time I text her my phone keeps trying to send it as an iMessage. The message is actually sent (according to my phone) and it never tries to send it as a regular text so she never get any of my texts. I turned off I messaging since then so I can actually send text messages to her. Is there anyway to solve this problem?

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
@Fanboi4life- like others have said, WHY DONT YOU TRY TELLING US EXCATLY WHATS WRONG WITH AND GOING ON WITH YOUR IMESSAGE SO WE CAN TRY AND HELP OUT, otherwise we can't help or make suggestions on how to fix it other then to take it back or call Apple.

Let me preface this by sating it doesn't happen ALL the time, but frequently enough that its bothersome. I send texts and the status bar goes 80 percent and then it just freezes. Sometimes the text is eventually delivered and sometimes I get a failure.

My wife texted me about five times today, and there was a delay of about 5 minutes, then suddenly I get all the text at once.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
I am actually having an iMessage problem. My friend recently switched from an iPhone to the galaxy s3 and every time I text her my phone keeps trying to send it as an iMessage. The message is actually sent (according to my phone) and it never tries to send it as a regular text so she never get any of my texts. I turned off I messaging since then so I can actually send text messages to her. Is there anyway to solve this problem?

Does she still have the iphone? Most likely iMessage hasn't be disasociated with the phone

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
If she has an iPhone it will try to text the iPhone first, she would have to turn off her number in the receive address on message settings.

Let me preface this by sating it doesn't happen ALL the time, but frequently enough that its bothersome. I send texts and the status bar goes 80 percent and then it just freezes. Sometimes the text is eventually delivered and sometimes I get a failure.

My wife texted me about five times today, and there was a delay of about 5 minutes, then suddenly I get all the text at once.
That's a carrier network failure, nothing to do with iMessage.

canadianpj

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2008

Look. You give us no other information. This is very clearly not a problem with all iPhone 5's or it would be a bigger deal. Are you AT&T or Verizon? Are you having connectivity issues otherwise? Have you tried a restore?

A touch more actual information would improve the responses.

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011

This has been happening with me and my wife as well. We are on Verizon and I've noticed that the send bar will go to 80-90% only to stop there. I wait and wait and just resend it as a regular text message.

I think it has to do with wifi though. When I'm on LTE, iMessage works. On wifi, the problem occurs although it's spotty. I will also try turning off iMessage.

Love the 5 though :)

Aimetti

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
This has been happening with me and my wife as well. We are on Verizon and I've noticed that the send bar will go to 80-90% only to stop there. I wait and wait and just resend it as a regular text message.

I think it has to do with wifi though. When I'm on LTE, iMessage works. On wifi, the problem occurs although it's spotty. I will also try turning off iMessage.

Yep mine has had issues on wifi as well. Bulk messages coming thru at once and delayed. Also have had issues with mms not sending. Never had any issues with 4s.

Oh and by the way for future reference, be prepared to feel the wrath of iPhone fans if you bad mouth an apple product. Just the way it goes.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon

Could be your wi-fi, works perfectly fine on mine. I know my wi-fi used to have some hiccup problems where it would work for a while then all the sudden no data would be sent at all for a few minutes and the router was basically non-existant. Pain in the ass when I was playing video games.

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Could be your wi-fi, works perfectly fine on mine. I know my wi-fi used to have some hiccup problems where it would work for a while then all the sudden no data would be sent at all for a few minutes and the router was basically non-existant. Pain in the ass when I was playing video games.

It started happening after Hurricane Sandy. Go figure.

I have unlimited texts so no skin off my teeth

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
This feature has gone to $&@* REAL quick. I NEVER had a problem with it when I had the 4, and now I'm having a problem sending and receiving messages. It says "sending" forever, and then clumps and sends the texts all at once.

K. Now what?

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Would someone please direct me to where I can read what the advantage iMessage has over (unlimited) AT&T SMS?

1. Works internationally.
  2. Doesn't require ANY texting plan (with nearly all of my friends using iMessage, I was able to go without a texting plan)
  3. Works over Wifi as well as cellular data.
  4. Provides options for read receipts as well as delivery confirmation.
  5. Allows for higher resolution photos and videos.
  6. Is encrypted in transit.
  7. Allows you to receive messages and resume conversations on any current Mac or iOS device.

Cygnus311

macrumors regular
May 6, 2006
I don't have any problems with it but now that every plan seems to have unlimited texting, it's not as important.

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
  1. Works internationally.
  2. Doesn't require ANY texting plan (with nearly all of my friends using iMessage, I was able to go without a texting plan)
  3. Works over Wifi as well as cellular data.
  4. Provides options for read receipts as well as delivery confirmation.
  5. Allows for higher resolution photos and videos.
  6. Is encrypted in transit.
  7. Allows you to receive messages and resume conversations on any current Mac or iOS device.

For me the fact that it's "data" is one of the biggest benefits. You can "text" friends in other countries and not be charged for it (if they have iphones too).
I also love the mac App. I love that I can "text" my husband from my computer. I can have entire imessage conversations without using my iPhone

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
We're so happy for you!!!

tumblr_lls7b9w02r1qim3em.gif

mattroman246

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
I have a problem with it daily at work, strange as hell too. I have four bars of '4G' service with AT&T but iMessages won't go through and text messages will. Anywhere else I'm good

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.

Since she used to have an iPhone, yours still believes it can use this contact as an iDevice.
I would suggest completely deleting all of her contact information, disassociate from her and never speak to her again. :D

Seriously, try deleting her contact entry and then create a new one for her. See if that works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.