Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
Ok, so despite the CSR saying that it would deliver on Nov 16 now it has been pushed back to Nov 21. Back to square one. I told the CSR that right around Thanksgiving was no good for me (whether a day before or a day after) due to my travel plans and that FedEx will be leaving packages right and left in front of door steps without signatures as they always do during the holiday time to meet their timing quotas. I am not about to let FedEx leave $900 of technology outside on my porch for 5 nights in 40F weather.

I will call up Apple tonight and see what I can make of this. See my below screen shot for the update (compared to the above one for the Nov 16 date).

I don't get what is going on here...

Medic311,

Apple does not always ship Fedex, like for iPhone they shipped UPS
that requires someone to sign also Fedex has an option if you are not
home once you get tracking info to Hold in station till you return and
you can pick it up.

I spoke to Apple CSR if you change anything will delay it more. Just take my
advice leave it in station for pickup once you get tracking information.

Last edited:

bevo

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2002
My status is now Preparing for Shipment.

I have a charge on my credit card from apple for Nov 10.

I was told no changes when I called in before.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
Medic311,

Apple does not always ship Fedex, like for iPhone they shipped UPS
that requires someone to sign also Fedex has an option if you are not
home once you get tracking info to Hold in station till you return and
you can pick it up.

I spoke to Apple CSR if you change anything will delay it more. Just take my
advice leave it in station for pickup once you get tracking information.

Apple has shipped FedEx for the following products that I have purchased within the last 2 years:

- iPhone 4S
- iPad 2 refurb
- Replacement iPad 2 refurb
- iPad 3
- Replacement iPad 3
- 12W Charger
- Lightening Cables

I will make the educated guess that FedEx will be used for the iPad 4. My location might mean that FedEx is a cheaper option than UPS, who knows. All I know, is that Apple uses FedEx to ship products to my address.

FedEx says they have that option but most of the time when you go to exercise that option, it says "unavailable" or something like that. So I call up and they give me a song and dance that the driver must make 1 unsuccessful delivery attempt before I can request it to be held at the hub. Well guess what, Fedex routinely ignores the signature requirement and leaves it outside on my front step. They did that with my iPhone 4S, and they did it again with my original iPad 2.

Since in this case, it's a bit more serious since I will be gone for an extended period of time, I am not about to test my luck with FedEx again for the most expensive iOS product I have purchased to date. Now I will be dealing with a situation where I may have to leave late to accommodate FedEx's delivery on the day before Thanksgiving.

I called Apple and said I would be willing to pay to expedite the shipping to Next-Day. The CSR was nice enough to say that was not necessary, that he will change the shipping free of charge. I was very appreciative of that gesture and then I saw the shipping date changed to Nov 16. This was great. What's not great is that it has been bumped back to Nov 21 and now I am in the same situation as I was in the beginning.

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011

Is this a iPad or iPad mini?

----------

Apple has shipped FedEx for the following products that I have purchased within the last 2 years:

- iPhone 4S
- iPad 2 refurb
- Replacement iPad 2 refurb
- iPad 3
- Replacement iPad 3
- 12W Charger
- Lightening Cables

I will make the educated guess that FedEx will be used for the iPad 4. My location might mean that FedEx is a cheaper option than UPS, who knows. All I know, is that Apple uses FedEx to ship products to my address.

FedEx says they have that option but most of the time when you go to exercise that option, it says "unavailable" or something like that. So I call up and they give me a song and dance that the driver must make 1 unsuccessful delivery attempt before I can request it to be held at the hub. Well guess what, Fedex routinely ignores the signature requirement and leaves it outside on my front step. They did that with my iPhone 4S, and they did it again with my original iPad 2.

Since in this case, it's a bit more serious since I will be gone for an extended period of time, I am not about to test my luck with FedEx again for the most expensive iOS product I have purchased to date. Now I will be dealing with a situation where I may have to leave late to accommodate FedEx's delivery on the day before Thanksgiving.

I called Apple and said I would be willing to pay to expedite the shipping to Next-Day. The CSR was nice enough to say that was not necessary, that he will change the shipping free of charge. I was very appreciative of that gesture and then I saw the shipping date changed to Nov 16. This was great. What's not great is that it has been bumped back to Nov 21 and now I am in the same situation as I was in the beginning.

iPhone 5 was sent to me UPS. Also because Apple on Pre order wanted the iPhone 5 to arrive on the day they picked. not like last time FedEx delivered a day or 2 before lol.

Last edited:

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
iPhone 5 was sent to me UPS. Also because Apple on Pre order wanted the iPhone 5 to arrive on the day they picked. not like last time FedEx delivered a day or 2 before lol.

at this point, i just want Apple to pick a date and stick to it. i guess that is what they are trying to do with Nov 21, which was verified "off-record" i guess by the CSR who said it's almost definite that i will receive it on Nov 19 or 20

JSUDaniel

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2008
No luck upgrading shipping, but...

I called two times to no avail in attempting to get my Verizon iPad 4th generation shipping time moved up, but now my credit card has been charged and it is in the "preparing for shipment" status. Here's hoping I receive it before the quoted November 23rd date...

ettd88

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2012

Did you Order a mini or a 4 and when did you Do the preorder?

fcbrants

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
Shipping!!

Update - just received shipping notification for my iPad 4 Verizon. Delivering 11/16! Woohoo!

Yep, just received my shipping notification.

Details: Ordered: 12:02 PST, 2 minutes after it became available, ordered with the Apple Store App. Called to expedite, CSR said, "can't", & I left it at that. iPad 4 64, AT&T.

Delivers 11/16

Cheers!!

Franko

Last edited:

MacFon

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2008
Received shipping notice for FedEx delivery on the 19th. Delivery was scheduled for the 23rd. iPad4 on the way!

wrongcoast

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2009
LA
(In Marv Albert's voice) YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Apple's little head fake of moving my delivery date from the 16th to the 21st had me unhappy but it appears it may have been just that -- a head fake. Woke up this morning to a notice that my iPad 4 with Wi-Fi and LTE has shipped (FedEx) from China and is once again skedded for delivery on the 16th.
Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

Last edited:

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
Apple's little head fake of moving my delivery date from the 16th to the 21st had me unhappy but it appears it may have been just that -- a head fake. Woke up this morning to a notice that my iPad 4 with Wi-Fi and LTE has shipped (FedEx) from China and is once again skedded for delivery on the 16th.
Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

Stop complaining at least your shipped, my order been
in status Preparing for Shipment since Thursday/Friday. And when
i call Apple CSR they told me that it should ship today or
tomorrow.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
My 16GB iPad mini LTE (AT&T) now showing "preparing for shipment". So far, the delivery is listed as Nov. 21

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
My 16GB iPad mini LTE (AT&T) now showing "preparing for shipment". So far, the delivery is listed as Nov. 21

I can confirm here too Preparing for Shipment
Delivers Nov 21 via Next Day Shipping, before noon
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for Verizon 64GB - White & Silver

Gopiballava

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2012
My AT&T mini also now says preparing for shipment, 5 business days, overnight, arriving Nov 20. Earlier today, before it was preparing for shipment, the estimated arrival date changed - I forget if it was to Nov 19 or 20.

So: Nov 8, shipping in 5 business days, overnight, delivering on the 16th. 5 business days from the 8th was the 14th. Now, 5 business days from the 12th is the 19th.

I think it's an automatic calculation from their back end system, and it doesn't really mean much. Initial iOS product launches don't get shipped through the standard FedEx shipments that leave China all the time. They pre-plan this with FedEx. Apple is boxing and crating these things according to a pre-planned schedule, and FedEx has extra people working those days to handle the load, etc. Some guy at Apple just stuffs something plausible into the database. It isn't actually giving proper status info. Remember that we had a date, then we had a vague piece of text?

My prediction is that everybody gets their mini this Friday, either in store or by mail. But I could be wrong, and this is just math I do as a gadget addict to make myself feel better.

semida685

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
I am struggling for an ipad mini in the following Christmas Day! As far as i am concerend, the ipad mini is the best choice for me to watch video on the go, as well as reading ebooks, playing games.

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
I received shipment confirmed an hour ago from Apple that
my iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for Verizon 64GB - White & Silver
has shipped, to be delivered on 16th going UPS Worldwide Express, had next day.

Still no news on my iPad 4th gen that i order on Nov 8th

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-13 at 8.24.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-13 at 8.24.38 AM.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 68

Elcuria

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Got an update from Apple that my iPad Mini shipped and will deliver by 11/16/12. Being shipped via UPS.

Actually, got an update from UPS that the item will deliver by the end of the day on Thursday 11/15/12:

Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday,*11/15/2012,*By End of Day
Last Location:
Arrived - Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong, Tuesday,*11/13/2012

tonyzucc0

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
Just got my tracking this morning, apple.com originally said november 21st, now fedex is saying november 16th :D hopefully this holds!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.