Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
I recently moved to a retina display Mac, and so have had to give up the official Twitter application as I was having to strain my eyes to read the blurry text. Anyway, I'm now looking for a replacement client. What do you use and why?

So far I have considered both Osfoora and Tweetbot. Osfoora is out of the running because of a bug with retina displays that has been outstanding since June, and Tweetbot is in my opinion just too expensive.

udontno

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2011
VA, USA
I use TweetDeck & love it... I've been using it for years, even back when I had a Windows machine.

gorskiegangsta

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I just use Twitter's own client. The only other client I'd even remotely consider is Tweetbot. But, at the price of $20, I just don't see the value in getting it, for a service that is non-essential.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Tweetbot, hands down. While it may be expensive, that's all because of how Twitter handles 3rd party tokens.

kgs

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
I gave up on Twitter and moved to app.net.

I would rather be the customer rather than the thing for sale.

DoctorCrap

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2012
Penang, Malaysia
Tweetbot. Thought may be expensive but is the best choice for a Twitter Client.

Twitter app is fine, we won't be expecting too much from a free application on the App Store.

Osfoora is also cool. Not as expensive as Tweetbot and has some cool abilities.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
I use TweetDeck on my laptop and on my iPhone. It's free and very nice (albeit missing some features it used to have… alas).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.