Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kgs

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
It looks interesting, but I can't find any proper reviews online which I think is a bit of a red flag:

http://mywpedit.com

Never heard of it, you should try MarsEdit though. Daniel is a great developer and the app is by far one of the best apps in the category. Give it a shot.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Never heard of it, you should try MarsEdit though. Daniel is a great developer and the app is by far one of the best apps in the category. Give it a shot.

Thanks, I hadn't heard of that app. It looks very nice, and it's got good reviews as well. It's a bit pricey, though.

kgs

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
Thanks, I hadn't heard of that app. It looks very nice, and it's got good reviews as well. It's a bit pricey, though.

Good software isn't cheap. Developers cannot live on measly salaries so expect to pay for good software.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Thanks, James. So, I think I will go for MarsEdit, just have to wait over the weekend for my pay check to come.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Would I need WordPress if I used MarsEdit?

Marsedit works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, TypePad, Squarespace 5, Movable Type and other blogs. It is what I use to edit the blog linked in my signature. Much easier to manage posts in MarsEdit that the standard Wordpress control panel.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
I'm still a bit undecided, and I'm considering MacJournal - this is supposed to work (well??) for blogging but can also be used as a general note taking app. It seems to be getting good reviews.

Does anyone have thoughts on Marsedit versus MacJournal?

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011

Another vote for Marsedit, great blogging app and works with Wordpress.

I've been trying out the free trial version today. This app is NICE. I think I will go for this. Thanks for the suggestion.

kgs

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
I've been trying out the free trial version today. This app is NICE. I think I will go for this. Thanks for the suggestion.

Daniel Jalkut over at Red Sweater makes some good stuff. MarsEdit is arguably the best blogging app out there. A lot of the big bloggers use it for a reason :)

Have fun!

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Daniel Jalkut over at Red Sweater makes some good stuff. MarsEdit is arguably the best blogging app out there. A lot of the big bloggers use it for a reason :)

Have fun!

Is setting a future date on a blog post in MarsEdit the same as 'scheduling a post' in the WordPress web interface? Meaning, if I set a future date in MarsEdit and press 'send to blog', will it appear as 'scheduled' in the WP web interface?

kgs

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
Is setting a future date on a blog post in MarsEdit the same as 'scheduling a post' in the WordPress web interface? Meaning, if I set a future date in MarsEdit and press 'send to blog', will it appear as 'scheduled' in the WP web interface?

I don't use Wordpress but I'd guess so. Easy way to check is to set it. Then check the WP control panel to see

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.