Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kirodoc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
So, I'm running TOEE via Crossover Games. I got the game from GoG and patched it with the Co8 mod pack. I'm getting a fairly well known glitch, with flames, lights and spell effects flickering or becoming entirely invisible.

I've looked around and it seems there are some fixes, but most are when using Wine, rather than Crossover Games. I'm told there was a wrapper created here http://portingteam.com/files/file/6079-dungeons-and-dragons-temple-of-elemental-evil/ that fixes this problem. I'm told you can put your existing game files in this wrapper and it will fix the glitch. The problem is, I can't seem to figure out how to do this.

What I've done, is go into Crossover and accessed the wrapper I made in Crossover, by going to Configure - Manage Bottles - Picking the Wrapper I had made to run the game in crossover - Advanced - Open C: Drive - ???

Now, from the C: Drive, I've tried several things. I've taken the TOEE folder and dragged it into the wrapper downloaded here http://portingteam.com/files/file/6079-dungeons-and-dragons-temple-of-elemental-evil/ and I've traded files back and forth, I've tried everything I can think of. The app from the new wrapper will look like it's going to start when I double click it, but nothing ends up happening.

What am I doing wrong? I'm told I should be able to fix my game and keep its progress by just using this new wrapper. Anyone know what I need to do?

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Crossover was one of the biggest wastes of money I have ever spent, I never but ever managed to get anything running under it.

Just use Bootcamp or even Parallels so much easier :)

Last edited:

Kirodoc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
Crossover was one of the biggest wastes of money I have ever spent, I never but ever managed to get anything running under it.

Just Use Bootcamp or even Parallels so much easier :)

Done it. Done VMFusion as well. I'm not interested in those. This game runs better than it ever did in Crossover, aside from this one glitch. If I can just get the right files put in the wrapper, the right way, all will be right with the world.

Kirodoc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012

Just use Bootcamp or even Parallels so much easier :)

Uhhh, so I just started getting game crashes after my last response to you. More than halfway through the game and I have never had an issue. Man...you got some mojo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.