Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
Since she used to have an iPhone, yours still believes it can use this contact as an iDevice.
I would suggest completely deleting all of her contact information, disassociate from her and never speak to her again. :D

Seriously, try deleting her contact entry and then create a new one for her. See if that works.

This. I've also had luck going in and changing the contact so it's not showing as an iphone. ie not deleting it, just modifying it.
If shes not in your contact list, add her, and delete that old conversation.

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
This feature has gone to $&@* REAL quick. I NEVER had a problem with it when I had the 4, and now I'm having a problem sending and receiving messages. It says "sending" forever, and then clumps and sends the texts all at once.

Are we really gonna have a new thread every time somebody does something as minor as changing settings? Stop with this crap. Nobody cares. Go buy an Android. Etc.

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
  1. Works internationally.
  2. Doesn't require ANY texting plan (with nearly all of my friends using iMessage, I was able to go without a texting plan)
  3. Works over Wifi as well as cellular data.
  4. Provides options for read receipts as well as delivery confirmation.
  5. Allows for higher resolution photos and videos.
  6. Is encrypted in transit.
  7. Allows you to receive messages and resume conversations on any current Mac or iOS device.

didn't know all this! :eek:

thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.