Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Now I'm not saying this is due to Forstall getting the boot, but check out the new design for the Passbook start screen.

img_0666.png

It's definitely A LOT "flatter" than the previous design, is it possible they're working that fast?

This is good to see. The original messaging of Passbook was not very clear. Aside from that, the design elements are certainly a 180 from the previous version. With Forstall out, maybe folks are finally able to try some of the things that were previously struck down (like the app-style icons on Apple TV after Jobs passed - people said he hated them)?

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
The Digital Frontier
The biggest complain I hear from all my iPhone using friends is how boring it's become. There is nothing "new" or "fresh" available on the phone anymore.

I wonder how much longer will it take Apple to start allowing users to change "Themes" on the iPhone and give people a bit more control of what there phone can and cannot do.
Smartphone users are getting more involved and are more aware of technology now. I think people want these extras...

If they haven't heard of jailbreaking yet...they aren't really that much more aware of technology.

Nevzorus

macrumors 6502
Feb 29, 2012
Why is there posts here saying that we got notification center from the lockscreen etc? Are you people trying to fool me? :(

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
In Maps, the details for traffic alerts (accidents, road closures, etc.) seem to be formatted better. Before I'd often see unrendered HTML tags and similar glitches all over. Haven't seen any yet. But maybe that problem was just me.

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
Now I'm not saying this is due to Forstall getting the boot, but check out the new design for the Passbook start screen.

It's definitely A LOT "flatter" than the previous design, is it possible they're working that fast?

Now don't get me wrong because i REALLY like that new screen for passbook.

But it kind of gives me a "Windows" vibe with the very clean lines and bright colors.

Hope this is an idication of more to come for iOS down the road.

dashiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2003

Well spotted, and agreed it’s not definitive in either direction. On the one hand it could simply be a case of Apple marketing providing a new design for an app that needs a little push. On the other hand it’s a simple and non-persistant space to start field testing a scaled back/toned down Ive inspired iOS. I’ve actually been wondering if iTunes’ delay has less to do with technical issues and more to do with Ive fixing some of the more egregious layout issues; iTunes has always been the harbinger of UI changes to OS X.

1member1

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
Now don't get me wrong because i REALLY like that new screen for passbook.

But it kind of gives me a "Windows" vibe with the very clean lines and bright colors.

Hope this is an idication of more to come for iOS down the road.

thats what i thought.. looks like windows

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
Are you sure you're using it correctly? It's been working fine for me. Try rebooting

There is a post about it on the forums here the link for you to read about the tethering problem at moment-https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1479647/

Since updating from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1 i have had tethering a problem
I have tethered a few times i know how to do it i have even done a restore of my iPhone and see if there solved the problem and nothing has happened so it must be a bug in the OS6 at the moment
I have just tried 5 minutes ago and i was unable to pair to my iPad mini

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
not too sure why this has changed but when you power off your phone the spinning wheel is very very dim. giving the impression the phone instantly turns off i assume.

TheNewDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
If they haven't heard of jailbreaking yet...they aren't really that much more aware of technology.

Not everyone is fond of Jailbreaking.
I myself have heard of jailbreaking and have jailbroken my phones before, but I found my phone use to become more sluggish over time and it was always a dilemma if I should update to the lastest OS or not.

If these things were possible through the App Store (downloading themes), people would spend more time making excellent themes and possibly make more money off of them.

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
Since updating from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1 i have had tethering a problem
I have tethered a few times i know how to do it i have even done a restore of my iPhone and see if there solved the problem and nothing has happened so it must be a bug in the OS6 at the moment
I have just tried 5 minutes ago and i was unable to pair to my iPad mini

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
The Digital Frontier
Not everyone is fond of Jailbreaking.
I myself have heard of jailbreaking and have jailbroken my phones before, but I found my phone use to become more sluggish over time and it was always a dilemma if I should update to the lastest OS or not.

If these things were possible through the App Store (downloading themes), people would spend more time making excellent themes.

But here is the thing, Apple people believe in a standardized interface, even on the OS X lineup, there isn't much options to change the user interface. I think it has to do with the user interface policy.

TheNewDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
But here is the thing, Apple people believe in a standardized interface, even on the OS X lineup, there isn't much options to change the user interface. I think it has to do with the user interface policy.

I understand what you're saying.
But the people that I know complain about that the most.
I've had a few friends switch to Android already and another couple are really waiting for some major changes or they'll jump ship too.

I think it's different for OSX too. Didn't the newest update allow Live Wallpapers etc?? Not a 100% sure since I don't have a Mac anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.