Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spyd4r

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2006
please fix the battery issue! i can't get more then 4.5 hours usage.. ever..

1% used every 2 minutes is unacceptable!

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
The Digital Frontier
I understand what you're saying.
But the people that I know complain about that the most.
I've had a few friends switch to Android already and another couple are really waiting for some major changes or they'll jump ship too.

I think it's different for OSX too. Didn't the newest update allow Live Wallpapers etc?? Not a 100% sure since I don't have a Mac anymore.

Here is the thing, if that is the reason you are jumping from iOS to Android, wow.

I think that Apple is designing a device in which you can just jump on and you can play without tinkering, just like a console with gaming. But if you more options, go ahead and use Android, but like in gaming, jumping from console to PC, you face the hassle of setting up your device, and have to content with the fact you don't have access to the same number of apps [well apps lets say the PC wins on this end] and games as you can get on iOS.

Android:
More options
Less apps

iOS:
More apps
Less options.

atMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
Android:
More options
Less apps

iOS:
More apps
Less options.

The only problem with that is Android may have less apps, but if they have all the apps you use/need/want then that doesn't matter. If 1/2 of Apples apps are fart apps then that doesn't mean anything to you.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
ugh, for effs sake, learn to differentiate between switzerland and sweden...

ya!!!

Muppet_Show_Swedish_Chef.gif

throys

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2011
London
please fix the battery issue! i can't get more then 4.5 hours usage.. ever..

1% used every 2 minutes is unacceptable!

your iphone must be on drugs, I easily get 1 day at least with 4-5 hour usage with, music, emails, twitter , facebook etc

runeapple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2010
Are there any new features for Apple TV? :confused:

All I can say is I hope netflix is fixed, I am totally fed up of audio and video not being in sync, it randomly going black, it randomly closing in the middle of a film and then forgetting where it was (so we have to fast forward and try and find the spot and sometimes the screensaver comes up over the film. and that's not forgetting buffering when no other device in the house buffers on netflix we have fiberoptic internet!

Rant over - I hope that's fixed before they add more stuff, also we need apps!

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
I've had a few friends switch to Android already and another couple are really waiting for some major changes or they'll jump ship too.

I think it's different for OSX too. Didn't the newest update allow Live Wallpapers etc?? Not a 100% sure since I don't have a Mac anymore.

OS X doesn't have live wallpapers by default. You've always been able to find apps that allowed it. I did a long time ago. It was interesting for about 2 minutes.

lkrupp

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2004
"This had better fix the (insert favorite alleged widespread but ignored by Apple on purpose issue) or else I will chuck all my Apple gear and go rogue!"

There, I got that tired old rag out of the way for everyone.

And no, you still can't downgrade to iOS 5 and get Google Maps back. And no, your WiFi issue will still be there because you have a cheap wireless router whose obsolete firmware hasn't been updated in years and you don't know how to do it anyway.

----------

Baloney.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
"This had better fix the (insert favorite alleged widespread but ignored by Apple on purpose issue) or else I will chuck all my Apple gear and go rogue!"

There, I got that tired old rag out of the way for everyone.

And no, you still can't downgrade to iOS 5 and get Google Maps back. And no, your WiFi issue will still be there because you have a cheap wireless router whose obsolete firmware hasn't been updated in years and you don't know how to do it anyway.

----------

Baloney.

While I do agree that some 'issues' are being blown way out of proportion, apple is at fault for some of them.

Is it the user's fault that a previously working wifi connection on a Mac just stops working when he/she upgrades to ML? yes, that's exactly what happened to me, even after a clean install.

and no, there's absolutely no logic in telling the user to buy a new hardware to fix a software issue caused by apple; if that's what apple expects its users to do, then how are they different from MS when they launched vista?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.