Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobertoCravallo

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
Germany
Anyone else tired of seeing that Samsung logo on this site?
Who`s fault is it, that it keeps coming up in a mac forum?

I used to think very highly about APPLE, that has changed drastically with all the lawsuits it is starting. So now we all know why APPLES hardware is so expensive: they need the money for lawsuits.

perealb

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2009
So are you giving up your Apple products with Samsung parts?

What makes Samsung's devices crap inside? Isn't Apple using Samsung parts. Are Apple products crap inside?

Do you realize how conflicted you are? ;)
I didn't say everything Samsung makes is crap. I was talking particularly about Chromebook. And again you missed my point about Samsung copying Apple's design.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I didn't say everything Samsung makes is crap. I was talking particularly about Chromebook. And again you missed my point about Samsung copying Apple's design.

Ok. That still doesn't answer my question on why the chromebook is crap inside, now does it? I didn't miss anything.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Weird, the part where I said "I think," would imply that it is my opinion. Crazy that you missed that in such a short sentence. :)

Crazy that you would think you weren't trying to state "Samsung copied Apple" as a fact when you say "I don't think anyone can deny Samsung copied Apple".

Yes, people can deny it. Your opinion is that you don't think people exist that can deny "a fact" that is merely another opinion you hold. Funny how people can deny your opinion uh ?

DeathChill

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2005
Crazy that you would think you weren't trying to state "Samsung copied Apple" as a fact when you say "I don't think anyone can deny Samsung copied Apple".

Yes, people can deny it. Your opinion is that you don't think people exist that can deny "a fact" that is merely another opinion you hold. Funny how people can deny your opinion uh ?

In my opinion, I think that it's obvious that Samsung copied Apple and for the most part people denying it either do not like Apple or really like Samsung (or just plain old don't care). This is all in my opinion. That does not make it a universal fact.

I'm not sure whose opinion you expect me to argue from.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
In my opinion, I think that it's obvious that Samsung copied Apple and for the most part people denying it either do not like Apple or really like Samsung (or just plain old don't care). This is all in my opinion. That does not make it a universal fact.

If it's all your opinion, then I can safely dismiss it as completely ludicrous in my opinion then.

iRCL

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Talk about the Judge throwing a hissy fit.

I might be a little more sympathetic to samsung, If they had not exactly copied apple advertisements, and packaging. But that is just way too "coincidental" to be an accident.

Apple disagreed with the decision, and playfully pointed out the Judges own words. He took offense and pitched a tantrum, by ordering to pay Samsung, as punishment for mocking his short sighted decision.

Oh my god you're the biggest fan boy of all time for this ridiculous post. This is a court of law not some facebook social exchange that happened

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
If you are taken to Court but then found not guilty why should you pay all your legal fees?

You shouldn't. But when i commneted about UK jsutice system i wasn't particulary talking about this case. It's in so many ways screwed and personaly have absolutely no faith in it.

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona
That old, nasty Apple of Steve Job's days dies hard. A few more losses and Apple may be brought down from the heavens so it can get back to work (on new Mac Pros!).

ntg

macrumors regular
May 3, 2002
UK - Rushden, Northants
if a judge doesn't appear to specify an order correctly, and Apple is thus allowed leeway to 'add' additional comments from that same legal statement, then I can't really see what all the fuss is about.
The Judge mentioned cool, etc, and Apple just included it.
It's a mad world, eh!

k995

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2010

I'm not sure whose opinion you expect me to argue from.

And apple copied from others and those copied ...

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
if a judge doesn't appear to specify an order correctly, and Apple is thus allowed leeway to 'add' additional comments from that same legal statement, then I can't really see what all the fuss is about.
It's a mad world, eh!

You either don't understand the ruling and/or haven't read much about it.

Apple was called out for providing misleading information. That is why they were ordered to post a specific statement. Apple didn't JUST post the specific statement - then ALSO posted more misleading information.

It wasn't just not in the spirit of the original ruling - but a stupid maneuver.

LordVic

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2011
It's a mad world, eh!

Actually, if you read the official court order as released by the Appeal by apple, Apple was under explicit orders as to what they had to say on the website.

Apple played a game with it and added more to it. took out some of it. And then did the good old "BUT" at the end to try and mislead.

They got caught. They have to pay. Thats all it came down to. They flaunted their own legaleeze in the judges face, and the judge wanted no part of it.

Apple could have you know, from day 1, just abided by the instructions the judge gave them.

----------

What inside of a chromebook is crap? Are you deliberately avoiding the question?

I'd say the whole thing :p
but I'm biased in the sense that I think the entire idea of a Chrome OS platform is ridiculous
(but thats just my opinion and nobody needs listen to my mindless rantings about it).

hardware wise? it's a perfectly functional device that does most of what it's set out to do.
:cool:

unlinked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Ireland
While the original statement was misleading, childish, etc, which part of it was "false"? I would have thought that factual accuracy would have been important for them to get right in their eyes, even if they were going to disobey the intention of the statement.

From the ruling (http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2012/1430.html):

And the matter added was indeed false. Before introducing the quotes from HHJ Birss it begins:
In the ruling, the judge made several important points comparing the designs of the Apple and Samsung products.
But the Judge was not comparing "the Apple and Samsung products." There is not and has never been any Apple product in accordance with the registered design. Apple's statement would clearly be taken by ordinary readers and journalists to be a reference to a real Apple product, the iPad. By this statement Apple was fostering the false notion that the case was about the iPad.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Pretty obnoxious behaviour by Apple. I'll bet the heels wouldn't have been dragged if this had been a judgement from an American court.

My guess is that someone in Apple UK's General Counsel and/or Marketing department will have his head handed to him on a platter as a result of this.

That said, it appears that Apple would have been in the clear by adding information about other cases, or even quoting the judge, but they didn't like the implication that the Galaxy Tab had been ruled to have infringed upon the specific design patents when that hasn't been the case.

----------

Can you point to other decisions besides the California verdict ? If not, maybe my post was more factual than you'd like. I'll ignore the racism for now.

Well, the California verdict was pretty significant. It's a little bit like asking "besides Hurricane Katrina, can you point to any other instances where FEMA screwed up?" I agree it did not include the design patent over the iPad, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.