Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSingandiDance

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
None so far for me.

I kinda want to wait for an open box LTE, but I want white and mine only received black wifi's.

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
None so far for me.

I kinda want to wait for an open box LTE, but I want white and mine only received black wifi's.

never tried but just to let everyone know, I went there today and bought an ipad 4. When I went to check out i asked the lady if they would match the $40 gift card offer that target shows is included with the purchase of any ipad this week. She made a quick call and then proceded to discount $40 off the price of the ipad and then I purchased a $40 gift card. Basically you end up with a gift card but they have to do it that way as the card will not let them load credit to it without actually having a dollar amount. I tried to get her to just let me have the $40 discount instead of the card but she said they have to duplicate the competitors offer....thought it might save some people some money, would be a big savings on a mini....

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
never tried but just to let everyone know, I went there today and bought an ipad 4. When I went to check out i asked the lady if they would match the $40 gift card offer that target shows is included with the purchase of any ipad this week. She made a quick call and then proceded to discount $40 off the price of the ipad and then I purchased a $40 gift card. Basically you end up with a gift card but they have to do it that way as the card will not let them load credit to it without actually having a dollar amount. I tried to get her to just let me have the $40 discount instead of the card but she said they have to duplicate the competitors offer....thought it might save some people some money, would be a big savings on a mini....

Is that still going on? crap! I need to get on that!

buckstah

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
I was able to get a open box iPad Mini - White - 32GB from Best Buy for 400.99 last night.

buckstah

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
Was the only White one they had. The sales person was carrying it back from the return area. Just perfect timing!

Another thing, if anyone has a Microcenter nearby, I've seen them have iPad Mini's in stock too.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Was the only White one they had. The sales person was carrying it back from the return area. Just perfect timing!

Another thing, if anyone has a Microcenter nearby, I've seen them have iPad Mini's in stock too.

I got my black one already and put a TechSkin on it already... I think I'm committed to it at this point.

iEric4

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2010

I did the same thing last week at best buy. Here's a tip... Since they technically made u purchase a gift card, just go back tomorrow and return it lol. Their gift cards have the same return policy as other items... Worked for me, they didn't even question it

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
I can't find any proof online. What did you use as your proof?

----------

lucky! My BB didn't even get any white models in. :(

I just said target was giving a 40 gift card with any iPad. She didn't even go online to check. Lol. She called someone on her headset and then just said no problem. Maybe it was because I was spending 699 and they just wanted the sale but I figured if they looked and saw it wasn't in the ad this week I was just gonna say sorry I must of had my weeks confused...

----------

I did the same thing last week at best buy. Here's a tip... Since they technically made u purchase a gift card, just go back tomorrow and return it lol. Their gift cards have the same return policy as other items... Worked for me, they didn't even question it

I never thought about that!! Lol, thanks!

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
I bought a 32gb iPad Mini open box from Best Buy last night. Was $400 pre-tax and I applied $125 in RewardZone certs towards it. Perfect condition, supposedly the lady who bought it decided she wanted a white one instead. I really only need a 16gb, but thought it was a decent deal.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
I'd personally never buy open box from Best Buy.

Good. Leaves more for those who realize that they have an easy 30/60 day return policy. :eek:

Personally, I try to buy open box as often as possible. I don't keep my Apple products for more than a year anyway so if I can save 15-30% at purchase then I usually could sell it for zero loss or even at a profit.

As for the topic, I've seen bigger price drops on the iPad 4 than the mini. A 16GB iPad 4 is going for $399 at my best buy, but the minis are only taking off 20-30 so far. Buy it is 3x reward zone points so that'll get you a few bucks for later.

lyngo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
Good. Leaves more for those who realize that they have an easy 30/60 day return policy. :eek:

Personally, I try to buy open box as often as possible. I don't keep my Apple products for more than a year anyway so if I can save 15-30% at purchase then I usually could sell it for zero loss or even at a profit.

As for the topic, I've seen bigger price drops on the iPad 4 than the mini. A 16GB iPad 4 is going for $399 at my best buy, but the minis are only taking off 20-30 so far. Buy it is 3x reward zone points so that'll get you a few bucks for later.

How are they going for so cheap there?

dazz87

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
So this target 40 gift card will work on a 32gb? Or just on the 16gb? I saw the deal on slickdeals and it was for the 16gb

dazz87

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Bestbuy matched it on a 64gb for me...

Did you print out the price online? Or just asked and they went online. I think I'm going to wait till Black Friday cause target will have a $60.00 gift card to price match, I will be still be in the 30 day return window

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
Did you print out the price online? Or just asked and they went online. I think I'm going to wait till Black Friday cause target will have a $60.00 gift card to price match, I will be still be in the 30 day return window

When she went to ring it up I simply asked if they price arched target. She asked me what it was and I said a $40 gift card with any ipad purchase. She called someone and said no problem, but what she had to do was discount the price of my ipad to $659 and add a $40 gift card to the order and charge me for it. I said thank you and headed out.
She was going to just give me the discount on the ipad but the manager said I had to take the gift card along with it.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL

I already get 60 day returns. I'm a Premier Silver member.

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010

Best buy doesn't price match Black Friday ads. Even their own.

xplocvo

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2009
I already get 60 day returns. I'm a Premier Silver member.

I think he just meant that their open box stuff is covered under the same return policy, so if there is anything wrong with it you can bring it back.

I bought an open box 64GB black mini on Friday. Was planning on a 32GB but in light of the savings and the 3x reward zone points coupon I had I went for it. Very happy with it so far, haven't used my iPad 3 since.

KatanaAzul

macrumors member
May 7, 2010
I went in looking for a 32gb as well, but walked out with a 64gb black ipad mini open box. Opened it up and it already had a screen protector installed. Score! But it does have a tiny scratch on the back. Don't think I'm going to worry about it though, I'm pretty sure by the time these start to resell, most of the black ones will have at least a scratch or fifty.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
Just took a walk from my local Best Buy store. Saw a white 32GB iPad 4 in the openbox cabinet. Asked the rep to let me see it. This thing is brand new, the clear protective wrap was never even removed from the iPad. $539 plus tax, I'm silver member and got 3x reward points which is good for ~$30 of Best Buy certificate. Now I can get rid of the 30 pin cable!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.