Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California
I'm still waiting for mine with the 3-4 week ship time (ordered October 19). According to Apple, mine is due the week of November 20-27. :mad: When I saw this news, I was hoping they would adjust the ship time of my order and get it to me sooner. :(

AppleVsAndroid

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2012
i want iphone 5s, not this

You will always be left out in the big upgrade cycle.

People buying iphone 4 get to upgrade to iphone 5 but poor people now who had iphone 4S are waiting for their 2 yr contract to get expired. I am sure people waiting for 5S will wait for 6 as they won't be happy with that upgrade as well lol

All the S will be poor upgrade :D Get in the train of getting real upgrade of 5,6,7 not @sses---> sorry S'sss

Your S'ss will soon be downgraded by real upgrades. Looks like you want outdated technology for higher prices in the name of S!

Last edited:

Rakeem

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
I'm still waiting for mine with the 3-4 week ship time (ordered October 19). According to Apple, mine is due the week of November 20-27. :mad: When I saw this news, I was hoping they would adjust the ship time of my order and get it to me sooner. :(

Have your status changed? My status haven't =( But a guy from another Forum said that is shipping status changed to 2-3 weeks. I don't understand why my haven't.

Shanpdx

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2008
Blazer town!
You will always be left out in the big upgrade cycle.

People buying iphone 4 get to upgrade to iphone 5 but poor people now who had iphone 4S are waiting for their 2 yr contract to get expired. I am sure people waiting for 5S will wait for 6 as they won't be happy with that upgrade as well lol

All the S will be poor upgrade :D Get in the train of getting real upgrade of 5,6,7 not @sses---> sorry S'sss

No i think Ssss are solid. iPhone 4S is very fast compared to iPhone 4.

Also, you can get the screen protector, cases and other accessories that cheaper and do not need to wait for these accessories.

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
The lesson to learn, is when it comes to pre order time
order within the first 30 mins. Use an alarm clock.
i ordered within the first 10mins and secured a iPhone 5 Verizon 64GB Black shipped on Launch day, and was able to get in a store in GCT, NYC iPhone 5
Verizon 32GB White for my sister. that was at 10pm ordering and
pickup in store.

AppleVsAndroid

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2012
No i think Ssss are solid. iPhone 4S is very fast compared to iPhone 4.

Also, you can get the screen protector, cases and other accessories that cheaper and do not need to wait for these accessories.

I have iphone 5- Real upgrade. Bigger screen, light weight, faster than 4S and LTE.

You get 5S I will get 6 :D

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California
Have your status changed? My status haven't =( But a guy from another Forum said that is shipping status changed to 2-3 weeks. I don't understand why my haven't.

No the ship time of my order still hasn't changed, it still says an estimated ship time of November 20-27. Like I said, I'm surprised this hasn't changed to an earlier ship time or my order hasn't even shipped yet because Apple's ship times are usually overstated and 3-4 weeks means they'll ship it out at the beginning of the third week. Oh well. :(

Shanpdx

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2008
Blazer town!
I have iphone 5- Real upgrade. Bigger screen, light weight, faster than 4S and LTE.

You get 5S I will get 6 :D

you be the beta tester and let me enjoy it :D

actually i have two lines on family plan. i used to upgrade each year! but i am not biting on iPhone 5 because of cosmetic issues and kept the money for iPad mini!

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
This is happening mostly because there are a lot of people out there who took advantage of AT&T's yearly upgrades if your bill was over $100 for a specific line (family plans owners or main lines rejoice!).... this year however, idiots at AT&T got rid of that and many have to wait until the 5S or whatever is out.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Now its time eliminate this delay...

Honesty, i can't beleive Apple or anyonecelse saw this "demand" comming...

It happens every time a product is launched.... Of couse its going to be higher demand,,... Apple should of had a few extra million.

oops1975

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Frisco, TX
I walked into apple store in Frisco, TX yesterday and bought one for my wife. Got mine on launch day. Maybe I was lucky but they had all carriers and all phones.

Bertsbest

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2010
I went to the Apple store yesterday in Sugarland Texas. I thought one of my Iphones wasn't available for an upgrade until November 30 but when I checked at the store it said I was. Got my 5 right then and there.

Xibir

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
Ordered my 32gb white model from Verizon late on the night of the 7th. Was told it should ship out on the 16th and arrive on the 20th. Then got an email last night saying it had shipped and will be here Wednesday. Woot! :D

hamkor04

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2011
And I'm sure Wall Street will use this as another reason to punish the stock somehow. Supply finally catching up with demand! Nobody wants iPhones anymore! Sell sell sell!!!

:rolleyes:

I almost hate reading Apple news anymore. Even the best news gets turned into a crisis or a "gate".

i would say demands catching up with supply :D

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
you be the beta tester and let me enjoy it :D

actually i have two lines on family plan. i used to upgrade each year! but i am not biting on iPhone 5 because of cosmetic issues and kept the money for iPad mini!

Not being Pro or Con. I've been using a Black 5 at&t 32g since 9am on the release date. My phone had no cosmetic issues at pickup. I do use an Incipio Case currently.

I have not felt like a beta tester. I love the display, speed , shape, and weight. I can make the screen freeze when I scroll back and forth at a comedic rate.

I do think there needs to be a firmware update having to do with the IPS display for the comedic scrolling. I have no issues playing Fruit Ninja.

I also have occasional moments of the screen seeming to be unresponsive for a second at random times. My son experiences this on a 4S after iOS 6, but can scroll wildly for hours without a freeze.

So maybe firmware, maybe iOS 6. FWIW, the black anodization on the black mini's does seem different in appearance, and feel than the phones. :apple:

Bchagey

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2011
My order just processed today and charged my credit card after placing my order 4 weeks ago. Hurray!

GregAVL

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
I have had mine since October 4th. Reserved it online, picked it up the next day. Granted, I had to drive 90 miles to get it, but it was worth it to me just to have it sooner. :)

theskunk

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2007
Just got my Wife's today, ordered it on Friday -- 2 business day turnaround, can't complain about that!

FYI - 16gb White, ordered direct from ATT.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.