Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrt209

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2010
USA/Germany
Well my Graft Concept Leverage lost it's button last week, and I noticed that there is a crack forming on a bottom corner.
I rarely remove it so it's a bit disappointing.

Funny thing is Graft have not yet responded to my email, yet they were initially very responsive on twitter that they would respond ASAP.

I'll give them another week and see if they respond...

Same here, bottom cracked and now in two pieces. Tried to email them twice and facebook message them and they have not responded in the last three weeks so I wouldn't count on them responding to you.

pdxa4

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
Same here, bottom cracked and now in two pieces. Tried to email them twice and facebook message them and they have not responded in the last three weeks so I wouldn't count on them responding to you.

It looks that way right now, two messages on twitter, and two emails to them.

They only responded on twitter to the first message, and silence since then.

Looks like a thumbs down for their lack of response.

jason.siegel

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
•*About 3 months ago my power button fell off. I superglued it back on. I had had a habit of playing with the clasp, which likely contributed.
•*About 15 days ago my warranty expired.
•*About 10 days ago my power button fell off, and I lost it. I emailed Graft and told them my warranty had just expired, but my power button had actually been broken for quite some time.
•*Graft said they would send me a new case, even though my warranty had formally expired. I received it yesterday.

mrt209

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2010
USA/Germany
I finally heard back from them 5,6 weeks after emailing support. They told me the warranty had expired (I emailed them before it expired... they suspiciously responded 2-3 days after the warranty expired) and said I had to buy a new case, they would offer a 30% discount though. Thanks, but I'll pass lol.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
I really enjoyed the one I had for my 4S. Held up really well too. Their facebook page says there will be more finishes for the 5 case...if they have one with the clasp finished in the same slate finish as the phone, I might just get another one (I have a 50% off coupon for their store, so I could get one at half price). Though, right now, I really like my Elago Outfit, so I don't know if I even want another case.

dwa2011

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2011
Northwest Atlanta
I have been emailing the Co-founder of Graft Concepts and he told me a few very interesting things that I think you guys may want to know!

He said, "I think we will offer a free utility backplate to those who order." (talking about an "upgrade program" for those who have already purchased GC products) and he said that a "Preorder page should be up just in time for black friday. Will have a delivery date once that page is up."

finally he ended his email to me with this picture:

GC-backplate-creditcard.jpg

He said, "It is a prototype of a credit card holder backplate. We will introduce utility backplate options with the iPhone 5 case release since we were unable to do so with the iPhone 4 case. (photo is of an iPhone 4 case, but will hopefully get the idea across)."

What do you think?? I know I am excited!

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Nice. Glad the preorders are finally up. Too bad it won't ship till January though. Still a long ways out. I did go ahead and preorder. It says that card will not be charged till item ships so that is good, but it gives them a crazy authorization amount of an additional 38$ incase they have to ship internationally! Glad I live in the US for this one. That shipping charge is obscene for overseas.

I also wonder if they will let us know if we are in the first 2000 preorders or not. I would like to know if I am getting that backplate or not you know.

----------

Anyone have any idea if this case will be compatible with the glass screen shields? Maybe someone who is in communication with the higher ups at Graft could find out?

zelaya

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
Did you choose the color choice and enter the promo 50% off? I tried doing this myself with any luck.

Nice. Glad the preorders are finally up. Too bad it won't ship till January though. Still a long ways out. I did go ahead and preorder. It says that card will not be charged till item ships so that is good, but it gives them a crazy authorization amount of an additional 38$ incase they have to ship internationally! Glad I live in the US for this one. That shipping charge is obscene for overseas.

I also wonder if they will let us know if we are in the first 2000 preorders or not. I would like to know if I am getting that backplate or not you know.

----------

Anyone have any idea if this case will be compatible with the glass screen shields? Maybe someone who is in communication with the higher ups at Graft could find out?

Mav451

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2003
Maryland
Fairly bad ending

1) Power button broke off. It was already loose months ago (around start of NFL season) but broke completely only recently. Graft tells me I can purchase an entirely new one for a 'reduced' price. Wow. Great CS you got there Graft.

2) White backplate discolored incredibly quickly within a matter of months and I just stopped using it. Probably shoulda brought it up, but I think my disappointment overwhelmed me here. I shouldn't tolerate mediocrity, but bleh.

I'm currently in communication with Graft, but chances are low (considering the other posts above) that anything is resolved. So right now my 4s is naked :p

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
I had a graft case with my iphone 4 a few years ago. As others have stated, power button broke off. Mine lasted a whole 6 months. CS was crappy. Will never waste another dollar on that crap piece of company. Bad, just plain bad through and through.

KeroLu

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2011
Wow harsh comments! I wouldn't exactly recommend the bumper itself but their CS has never disappointed me. In fact I would sing praises to my friends about how amazing their support team is. I believe I had my bumper replaced 6 times and for each time their support team replied promptly. They shipped a new bumper with a prepaid return label. I'm very protective of my phone so it's not like I fling it around but they were very understanding. Sure, the bumper isn't that great but I would not hesitate to purchase another bumper once my warranty is over based on their customer service. IMHO, I have yet to find a decent bumper just as appealing as the Graft's.

Mav451

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2003
Maryland
Wow 6 replacements. Did you offer chocolates or something to get prompt replies? anyway, some of us just had a negative CS experience, and Graft has yet to make an effort to reach out to us :p

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
With all the negative comments, I thought I would post a positive experience.

I had no troubles with the 2 Leverage cases I used on my 4. Played with the clasps on a regular basis. It is just hard not to when using this case. Very unique and attractive case. I never used the back that came with it, just decals or naked.

I have preordered the 5 and await its arrival...

KeroLu

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2011
Wow 6 replacements. Did you offer chocolates or something to get prompt replies? anyway, some of us just had a negative CS experience, and Graft has yet to make an effort to reach out to us :p

Hahah, all I do is send an email describing the problem and within days I get a reply back. I got a new replacement just 2 weeks ago so I'm surprised that some of you are having troubles contacting them.

Mav451

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2003
Maryland
Yeah I sent a pleasant email, but getting directed to buy a new one when their product is no longer usable is fairly offensive to me. Never mind Graft updating their CS page to responding "as soon as we can" from the more specific 48-hr period :p I sent a reply email yesterday, so hopefully by COB today I hear a more favorable response.

January 2013 update - no response. I would never buy a Graft product again.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.