Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

do you have a PASSCODE on you iPhone?

• Yes, and it's a 4 digit one.

Votes: 135 55.1%
  • Yes, and it's a complicated one (numbers + letters)

Votes: 18 7.3%
  • Nope, I prefer to take a risk

Votes: 70 28.6%
  • (I like ponies)

Votes: 22 9.0%

• Total voters

EarthNeutron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Earth
If yes, then is it a 4 digit one or one with letters and numbers well?

(mine only has 4 digits)

j.dstasio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
South Jersey
I have to have a passcode for my work email. I use 4 digits because It's the fewest I can use.

If/ when an A6 jailbreak is available I'll be using Exchange Unlock again. It can't come soon enough! I hate having to use a passcode.

EarthNeutron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Earth
I have to have a passcode for my work email. I use 4 digits because It's the fewest I can use.

If/ when an A6 jailbreak is available I'll be using Exchange Unlock again. It can't come soon enough! I hate having to use a passcode.

Hmm.. I actually have no idea what Exchange Unlock is. Could you explain it to me? Maybe I'll make a YouTube video so more people (including me) can find out what it is and how much better than the original passcode it really is.

Cheers!

seeharrison

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2011
I use a 4 digit passcode that locks after 15 minutes. Since my e-mail client (Good Client) requires a complex password, I feel comfortable with with a 4 digit device code.

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
For me to know and you to find out.

Seriously I wouldn't talk about security measures on this board.

Too many little kids.

T

anonjd

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2012
I use a four digit password when I'm at home.

When I go out, I use an alphanumeric password. I generally don't constantly use my phone when I go out, so I don't mind the extra time it takes to type it in.

These passwords also get changed once a week, because I'm neurotic like that.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
i don't use a password, nobody uses my phone and if someone steals it oh well, don't have anything of value on here since I am only a teenager. Just get Verizon to block the ESN and AT&T to block the IMEI and bam a useless phone.

ejrizo

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I have a password but its none of the above options. if you set up a so called complex pass code with just numbers you will get a keypad as opposed to keyboard. From there you can have any amount of digits from 5 to who knows how many digit pin number and you have to press OK to enter it.

look at the pic attached

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,442

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Where's the option for "no, but not taking a risk"? :p

I simply never leave my phone unattended.

Last edited:

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
I didn't vote, because I have a 5 digit numerical passcode and a five minute auto lock.
You might want to think about adding an option for those with longer numbered passcodes.
I have a password but its none of the above options. if you set up a so called complex pass code with just numbers you will get a keypad as opposed to keyboard. From there you can have any amount of digits from 5 to who knows how many digit pin number and you have to press OK to enter it.

mpaquette

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Columbia, SC

look at the pic attached

This is how I have mine set as well.

j.dstasio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
South Jersey
Hmm.. I actually have no idea what Exchange Unlock is. Could you explain it to me? Maybe I'll make a YouTube video so more people (including me) can find out what it is and how much better than the original passcode it really is.

Cheers!

It would probably be a boring video. Lol.

Using the Exchange Unlock tweak, you have to enter your passcode once after an initial boot, but not every time you unlock it. Our work exchange policy requires a passcode, which is annoying IMO, so it's just a work around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.