Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnnyU123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
I am in an environment where we cannot have dongles on our machines for computer security purposes. Is there a way to legally circumvent this OR is there any sort of usb security certification I could show my folks saying its ok to use a pro tools dongle?

Svend

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
Do you have to run Pro Tools for work? Is it IT policy to prohibit dongles? If you have to run Pro Tools for work and IT bans dongles, then you need to email whoever your manager is to get them to change IT policy.

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran
Do you have to run Pro Tools for work? Is it IT policy to prohibit dongles? If you have to run Pro Tools for work and IT bans dongles, then you need to email whoever your manager is to get them to change IT policy.

As an IT Pro, I would just like to say that if a place has this in place, they aren't just going to change their policy for one person. Places block access to USB ports and other things t because they don't want people plugging in devices that can be used to take data off their machines/servers. That said, I would think the software used to monitor this would have the ability to allow things like this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.