Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eldiablojoe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
West Koast
I know many of you do not use this native app, but I find it really helpful in my work and for recording for posterity the many discussions about "The good 'ol days" that my parents have when my brother and I visit them.

I have a coupla dozen voice memos on my iPhone4. I went through and painstakingly gave them titles, which makes it far easier to guess which one has what content than the simple Apple-granted titles of "2/12/11 15:30"

My problem is this: When I sync my phone into iTunes, the voice memos go into iTunes as simply "Unknown Artist" with no other info. Then, on my iPhone, I have now got duplicates of the re-titled voice memos, only they are labeled with just the time of day they were recorded and the length in MM:ss.

I have to go through and manually re-delete them each time I sync. I just know this process is very un-Apple like, and there must be a simpler method.

Thank you for all your input.

Tyrant21

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
Me too!

I am having the exact same problem. Can anyone help out?

I know many of you do not use this native app, but I find it really helpful in my work and for recording for posterity the many discussions about "The good 'ol days" that my parents have when my brother and I visit them.

I have a coupla dozen voice memos on my iPhone4. I went through and painstakingly gave them titles, which makes it far easier to guess which one has what content than the simple Apple-granted titles of "2/12/11 15:30"

My problem is this: When I sync my phone into iTunes, the voice memos go into iTunes as simply "Unknown Artist" with no other info. Then, on my iPhone, I have now got duplicates of the re-titled voice memos, only they are labeled with just the time of day they were recorded and the length in MM:ss.

I have to go through and manually re-delete them each time I sync. I just know this process is very un-Apple like, and there must be a simpler method.

Thank you for all your input.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.