Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

themayorr

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2012
Ok so I just get an email that the equipment will arrive this week:eek:.. A week before training this is complete torture!!!!:eek::eek::eek:.. Ok so what's the reason for not opening the box before and have anyone ever?

I didnt get mines yet :( ..Maybe because I sent in the paperwork on friday

Stukenbroeker

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
Ok so I just get an email that the equipment will arrive this week:eek:.. A week before training this is complete torture!!!!:eek::eek::eek:.. Ok so what's the reason for not opening the box before and have anyone ever?

From what I understand, they want everyone to unbox/setup their equipment at the same time as some sort of test of your ability to plug a computer into the wall. (Kidding of course). I think there's a timeframe for setting up and getting connected to FaceTime on the computer to join the class. If that makes sense. I can elaborate if needed.

Citychic

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
New York-Dallas, USA
From what I understand, they want everyone to unbox/setup their equipment at the same time as some sort of test of your ability to plug a computer into the wall. (Kidding of course). I think there's a timeframe for setting up and getting connected to FaceTime on the computer to join the class. If that makes sense. I can elaborate if needed.

Lol .... Ummm well if you don't mind:D

mthbz

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2012
I got the email as well...

Has anyone for 11/26 been contacted by their team managers?

:apple::D:apple:

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
I was also curious if they withhold taxes? Are we contract employees? Because in my packet I did not get a deduction worksheet to claim anything.......

It's done online.

You are ACTUAL employees of Apple.

----------

It's not on Facetime.

They will email you a training link a few days prior.

----------

Thanks, I guess what I was getting at was, do they hold back pay at all? I am thinking if I start on 11/26 and next pay date is 12/7, I'll get one week for 11/26-11/30 on 12/7. Does that sound right?

I started on 11/5, and our first paycheck is 11/23.

However, We did get paid in software lol.

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
It's done online.

----------

It's not on Facetime.

----------

Dang already have the software!

Stukenbroeker

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
It's done online.

----------

It's not on Facetime.

----------

I figured it wasn't actually FaceTime, I just used that as a point of reference to point out that you need to be camera ready within that timeframe. Thanks for the clarification. Our class is still in the dark.

kyur4end

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I'll be honest... I am making room for the iMac this week and WILL be opening it up and setting it up before day 1. Also, I will try my best to not open the small, super secret, but probably nothing special box.

Citychic

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
New York-Dallas, USA
I'll be honest... I am making room for the iMac this week and WILL be opening it up and setting it up before day 1. Also, I will try my best to not open the small, super secret, but probably nothing special box.
OK great at least I won't be a lone lol

----------

TRAINING ROCKS!!! It is just UN-Believable. Everyone it is SO worth the wait!! Everyone is just SO encouraging and friendly.

That's great!!

shortz

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2012
OK great at least I won't be a lone lol

----------

That's great!!

i know it would be exciting to open the boxes but let me assure u it is not to torture, (just put the boxes out of sight) its because apple takes paying its employees for their time VERY seriously. you have to be paid to set it up. and wont you loook weird showing up 2 mins after the time you were supposed to start because u have already set it up?? they do have ways of tracking the usage and what nots. I promise the boxes have 21 inch mac's in them a box with phone stuff, keyboard, mouse, and one small box for you from apple. it is a grey box in with the mac so if u open that you open the surprise. all in all keep your first day fun on the first day, it makes it worth it :)

Citychic

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
New York-Dallas, USA
i know it would be exciting to open the boxes but let me assure u it is not to torture, (just put the boxes out of sight) its because apple takes paying its employees for their time VERY seriously. you have to be paid to set it up. and wont you loook weird showing up 2 mins after the time you were supposed to start because u have already set it up?? they do have ways of tracking the usage and what nots. I promise the boxes have 21 inch mac's in them a box with phone stuff, keyboard, mouse, and one small box for you from apple. it is a grey box in with the mac so if u open that you open the surprise. all in all keep your first day fun on the first day, it makes it worth it :)

well geesh thanks:p you really did take the surprise out of it lol.... I guess of sight out of mind right:D:apple: Thanks

Last edited:

lantabiker

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
I was also told that they could ask you to hold the box up to your camera
to show that it is unopened. And as was stated, they can track in the logs
when the puter logged in, came online and where you may have surfed in
the various apps even before you connect the ethernet cable.

It would really be a shame to be dismissed from the company because
directions were not followed. And I am quite sure they are a stickler for
rules, especially where it comes to being told don't do something.

themayorr

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2012
I was also told that they could ask you to hold the box up to your camera
to show that it is unopened. And as was stated, they can track in the logs
when the puter logged in, came online and where you may have surfed in
the various apps even before you connect the ethernet cable.

It would really be a shame to be dismissed from the company because
directions were not followed. And I am quite sure they are a stickler for
rules, especially where it comes to being told don't do something.

I am just going to open the boxes to see what the surprise is then close it back... sue me lol..im just checking to make sure it not a bomb lol

IceFire

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
Once you open the little box, it trips a device that sends a signal to your iMac on day one of what time and date it was originally opened.

Just kidding.

lantabiker

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
im just checking to make sure it not a bomb lol

So that's how they find out if you open it or not. It go boom, no show
on training day...he must have opened the box. LOL.

Maybe the little gift box is instructions on disabling the big box bomb.

ciscob0x

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Thought my second interview went pretty dang well. My recruiter was very nice and pleasant to talk to. I was told that I should get an email within 48 hours to schedule a third interview which probably won't be until the beginning of December due to the staff getting a Thanksgiving break.

Since this process is likely to go past when my unemployment runs out I'm really starting to bank on being hired. My experience with the hiring staff so far has been wonderful though.

Citychic

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
New York-Dallas, USA
Once you open the little box, it trips a device that sends a signal to your iMac on day one of what time and date it was originally opened.

Just kidding.

lol:eek::D:apple:

----------

So I just got the email and they are serious about not opening the boxes...arghhhh this is soo tempting

I know its like being told not to touch the nice warm cookies that just came out of the oven.. when you wasnt even thinking about it before but since you was told not to touch it now you want to hahahaha:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.