Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
I was trying to compile of list of man bags. But there isn't a thread that really drives this purpose. Lets use this thread to post man bags that we can hold our ipads in.

manhattanportage.com (shop by shoulder/messenger)
1910_CAM_ANGLE.jpg

1910Male.jpg

1425Male.jpg

1907QLT_RED_INSIDE.jpg
Pisco Backpack for iPad @ timbuk2 (shop by tablet function)
377-2-genericColorway_model1.jpg

rickshaw bagworks
Messenger Bag for iPad 2
rickshaw_ipad_2_messenger_bag_xpac_red_flipped.jpg

Scout iPad bag @ radtech.us
btyProduct6.jpg

btyProduct15.jpg

Please list your man bags in this thread

vigilant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Nashville, TN
I can't find it online but Banana Republic has an excellent bag. I keep my iPad, charger, cigar cutter and torch lighter, and etc in it and it fits pretty well and doesn't weigh much.

If I decide to go MacBook Air route for my next laptop I can probably fit one of those in there as well. If anyone is curious I can post pictures.

Perfect "man bag" to me.

Edit: here is my man bag

je4yda8u.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hkim1983

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2009
Is there a bag out there that isn't oversized, isn't gaudy, and isn't selling for triple figures?

I really like Waterfield products, but the bags I'm looking at are priced a bit high. I've seen a few competitors and the prices are about the same...can anyone recommend anything?

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Is there a bag out there that isn't oversized, isn't gaudy, and isn't selling for triple figures?

I really like Waterfield products, but the bags I'm looking at are priced a bit high. I've seen a few competitors and the prices are about the same...can anyone recommend anything?

yeah, find a waterfield bag on ebay slightly used...I have bought two that were 50% cheaper and looked new...

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Last edited:

christophermdia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2008
I've got a Tom Bihn Ristretto bag.....amazing bag, they sell in various sizes however, I just went for the iPad size and it easily fits my iPad AND MBA 13. the front packet is big enough for ancillary items even an external hard drive from time to time.....

http://www.tombihn.com/PROD/TB0222.html

BEst bag ive come across in my hunt for the ultimate man bag.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I've got a Tom Bihn Ristretto bag.....amazing bag, they sell in various sizes however, I just went for the iPad size and it easily fits my iPad AND MBA 13. the front packet is big enough for ancillary items even an external hard drive from time to time.....

http://www.tombihn.com/PROD/TB0222.html

BEst bag ive come across in my hunt for the ultimate man bag.

Another vote for Tom Bihn bags. If you are focusing on something small for just the iPad mini and a few essentials then the Cafe bag (small or medium) would work as well.

hkim1983

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2009
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I never thought of buying Waterfield bags on ebay, and considering how durable those things are, that might be a great way to pick up a bargain.

@jedolley: Initially, I dismissed the Tom Binh bags because the ones I was looking at were in the same price range as the Waterfield bags...but I never noticed that cafe bag! That's pretty much what I'm looking for, and the price is much more tolerable, thanks for the heads up!

As long as it can fit a full sized note pad, a folder, some snacks, some pens, my calculator, and the iPad itself, it's pretty much everything I'm looking for in a bag, while looking attractive and durable.

simply stunning

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
I used this Hard Graft flat pack for carrying my IPad. I have the 11" model, and it is perfect. I carry my IPad, a Moleskin notebook, pens, headphones, and some papers. It is perfect for when I head to meetings. I have a Incase backpack that I carry my other items in, and this bag fits inside it when not used on it's own.

http://www.hardgraft.com/products/flatpack-shore

h1kar1

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2007
Los angeles
I've been using a WaterField Muzetto Leather 10" copper for the past year it's a perfect size for an iPad also can fit apple keyboard and other things.

IMG_0759-494x330.jpg

there is an unboing video and more pix here http://bit.ly/RAhP4b

Very nice case and holds up really well....

However I have made the switch to the mini and not it feels way to big.
Trying to find a nice sleeve. I would love a Mini version of Hard Graft "Grab iPAD Folio / Smoke" think this would be awesome.

grabipadallgrey-feat_1024x1024.jpg

Still on the hunt,
FYI: I asked hardGraft if they intend on making a mini version they said not currently.

rizn1

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2012
Orlando
Ordered an Indy from Waterfield Designs today: black leather, pearl accent and matte black hardware. Just like the pic. Shipping run says Nov 30th but you never know.

BTW h1kar1, they have an Indy Mini as well for $169. Check it out:

http://www.sfbags.com/products/indy/indy-bag.php

And do you use anything on the leather of your Muzetto? WD recommended Cadillac leather polish to clean it up but yours looks pretty smooth. Mine just looks dull brown.

h1kar1

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2007
Los angeles
Rizn,

I've had mine for over a year now maybe closer to two.
I've never cleaned it to be honest it holds up extremely well.

the leather does get an aged look over time but thats one of the things I love about it.

It's very cool but not with my switch to the mini. I'm looking for something else because it just is to big mini almost gets lost in it. I really want something like Hard Graft Grab I wish they would make one for the mini.

PS if you want some current pics of the bag and can take a shot or two tonight when I get home for you.

rizn1

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2012
Orlando
Rizn,

I've had mine for over a year now maybe closer to two.
I've never cleaned it to be honest it holds up extremely well.

the leather does get an aged look over time but thats one of the things I love about it.

It's very cool but not with my switch to the mini. I'm looking for something else because it just is to big mini almost gets lost in it. I really want something like Hard Graft Grab I wish they would make one for the mini.

PS if you want some current pics of the bag and can take a shot or two tonight when I get home for you.

I got my Muzetto October of last year and I use it every day. It does have a weathered look, but I'd like it to have more of a shine, like the pictures on the site. I talked to the heygary people and they recommend Cadillac leather conditioner (should arrive in the mail tomorrow).

For your iPad Mini I was recommending the Indy Mini. Similar design as the Muzetto (minus the flap) but half the size. I'm getting the regular Indy for my iPad as a secondary bag for when I don't need to carry as much.

I would love some pics of your Muzetto though, just to give myself second thoughts about putting any conditioner on it if it looks like it might weather differently over the next year.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Sorry folks but the holidays are coming up and I already dropped on the Mini which was unexpected.

I need cheap thrills but some of the ones shown in this thread are quite nice enough to be tempting. :D

kandavu

macrumors member
May 10, 2012
I've been using this bag for two months now. It's scaled perfectly to my ipad3 & there's room for Bluetooth keyboard + other stuff. The reason I like this design of cross-body sling is that it leaves me hands free. It hugs whether its slung over the back, on the side or on the front. It's great for getting in and out of a car, even with seatbelt fastening.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.