Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
USA
Who else is getting this game? IMO, it looks good and we finally get to see a non-Nintendo Super Smash Bros.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Yep I have it ordered. Not wholy interested as I find these two fast and two frantic for me to actually keep track of whats going on (same for brawl) but the cross-buy is what swung it for me.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
My roommates in college would play Smash Bros all the time...I tried it, but never really got it.

The only appeal for me is mixing all those characters together, but gameplay-wise, I don't think this format works for me.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I was really pumped for this. I've played it at a few expo's, and then the beta. I'm not a big fan of it. Maybe they'll pull something off at the last minute, but I just didn't enjoy it - it's not as good as Smash Bros.

Playing it I had no idea if I had to reduce their health to 0, or knock them off the stage. All we did was build up a counter and unleash a big attack which may or may not knock them off the stage. It's like if Smash Bros Brawl had walled-off levels and only Super Smashes could kill. There's also a huge lack of charm, the interface seems more like a bank's menu than a fighting game.

I want to like it. I like the Smash Bros formula and would love to see Sony's characters given the same high-quality treatment.

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
Though I have a PS3, I can't support such a shameless ripoff of Smash Brothers (which I have for Wii). Cloning sucks. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.