Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Android 4.1 and 4.2 full of new amazing features: Google Now, new Google Voice Search, offline voice dictation, vídeos and pictures via NFC, swype and predictive keyboard, lockscreen widgets, photo sphere, etc.

IOS 5.1 and 6.1 NO NEW FEATURES.

Pathetic.

Let me say that again louder and clearer: PATHETIC.

Thanks Apple for making my choice more easier. Its Android for me from now one.

You guys keep waiting until iOS 7 for new features.

Is the iOS team on hollidays or what? Are they out of ideas? Unbeliable.

Bye then! Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out!

----------

What exactly does that mean? Any example? I mean we already have Notifications on the Lockscreen. What am I not seeing here?

It's not there because it doesn't exist!

ds2000

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2012
Lets hope that the cure the tethering problem because at the moment i am unable to tether with my iPad mini at the moment and i really don't really want to pay for a data plan when i have unlimited on my iPhone 4s

I get this sometimes, I find you need to turn off tethering, power off the iPhone and iPad, fire up with iPad, disable the wifi, fireup the iPhone, re-enable the wifi on the iPad, enable tethering and then connect. Works fine then..... until you don't use it for an hour or two.....

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
I get this sometimes, I find you need to turn off tethering, power off the iPhone and iPad, fire up with iPad, disable the wifi, fireup the iPhone, re-enable the wifi on the iPad, enable tethering and then connect. Works fine then..... until you don't use it for an hour or two.....

Thanks for the help about the tethering but i'am just going to wait for the update and hopefully it should sort it out

Ngabo

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2012
Network

Apple must think about the cellular network modes(types) improvement like Androids:

-WCDMA/HSPDA only
-GSM only
-WCDMA/HSPDA preferred

Colpeas

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2011
Prague, Czech Rep.
lock screen notification center is here!!!!!

Wait.. what do you mean by that? Haven't noticed anything like that.

Panorama is working again.

In beta 1 there were some text strings like push to unlock, that should have been in Danish like the rest of the phone - fixed now.

The same for Czech. Seems fixed as well, at least most of it.

I wonder how much longer will it take Apple to start allowing users to change "Themes" on the iPhone and give people a bit more control of what there phone can and cannot do.
Smartphone users are getting more involved and are more aware of technology now. I think people want these extras...

Not all of them. If you want *full* control over your phone, get an Android. The way it is makes iPhone very easy to use - for everyone. And not everyone lives in the USA or South Korea. What I am trying to say is that you don't need to be tech-savvy to use iPhone, because it's 100% foolproof. Whereas if you want to master Android you have to learn how to use it first. iPhone's user friendliness is unbeatable, no discussion.

I don't think iOS needs a major redesign, just a minor UI tweaking - the same type of tweaking as OS X have gone through in recent years. But yeah, design-wise, iOS6 is a fck-up.

Last edited:

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
2 things that will help your battery life a lot based on my experience:

Full battery cycle charge and do a clean install.

----------

Android 4.1 and 4.2 full of new amazing features: Google Now, new Google Voice Search, offline voice dictation, vídeos and pictures via NFC, swype and predictive keyboard, lockscreen widgets, photo sphere, etc.

Pathetic.

* now on

*Unbelievable

----------

You know, I really like iOS 6 very well. It does what I need and is full of features.

I remember when Microsoft afficianados would claim that PCs and Windows were better than the Mac. Why? Because they've got THOUSANDS of games, man!

Well my response is, how many games do you need to play?

Same with Android. I mean, come on. So you have a bunch of "features", most of which you'll never use nor do they provide any real benefit to the user experience.

Exactly my thoughts. Android has this and that that I probably will never use and Apple does not have? Then it certainly must be better. People, just buy a phone that satisfies your needs and stop your brain farts.

Burton8219

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2007

Pathetic.

So you're switching to Windows Phone, right?

coolcash

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2010

Pathetic.

At least I know I will be getting 6.1. Most people on Android will never get the 4.1 and 4.2 updates unless they root their phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.