Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2012
I have read a few articles about supply catching up with demand. So i was wondering if this is actually true. I am hoping to walk into an Apple store wednesday and just purchase a 16gb and a 64gb. How many of you have had success with this since the supply catching up with demand articles started coming out a few days ago?

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
1. Wait til 9:55pm
2. Add iPhones to cart
3. Refresh until personal pickup is available
4. ????
5. Walk in and get the phones.

Or go to att.com verizon.com sprint.com
go to iPhone 5, it will show you stock in store for the model

mallom

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
^
I second what he said. Got another iphone 5 yesterday doing this method. It took me less than 5 minutes.

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2012
1. Wait til 9:55pm
2. Add iPhones to cart
3. Refresh until personal pickup is available
4. ????
5. Walk in and get the phones.

You cant do this unless you have an account. I am buying it to use with T-Mobile so i have to go in and hope they have some available.

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
which apple store are you going to? Where are you located?

The 5th Ave apple store in NYC has good stock.. i scooped up a black/slate 64gb for AT&T this past Saturday with no hassle whatsoever

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
I have read a few articles about supply catching up with demand. So i was wondering if this is actually true. I am hoping to walk into an Apple store wednesday and just purchase a 16gb and a 64gb. How many of you have had success with this since the supply catching up with demand articles started coming out a few days ago?

Cell phones do still make calls you know. Just give them a call they should tell you

Bodhi395

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008

I don't think you can see stock from specific Verizon or AT&T stores online. If you can, please link to where on websites that info is available.

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
I don't think you can see stock from specific Verizon or AT&T stores online. If you can, please link to where on websites that info is available.

I saw it.. it's there.. you have to choose the color and capacity then it will ask to check the closest store via zip code

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2012
I am in Miami. I have tried both apple stores in the area multiple times but that was before shipping time was decreased. I will try to go to the apple store in the morning before it opens and wait. Hopefully they have two available. I want my 64gb :). I'll post an update tomorrow on if I get them or not.

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
I am in Miami. I have tried both apple stores in the area multiple times but that was before shipping time was decreased. I will try to go to the apple store in the morning before it opens and wait. Hopefully they have two available. I want my 64gb :). I'll post an update tomorrow on if I get them or not.

Good luck! I actually called them 3 hours before i got there so YMMV

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2012
I have heard that I can no longer buy an ATT device only. Does anyone know if this is true? i really do not want to make a trip if i can't buy the device without having ATT and i dont want to be on the phone for an hour waiting like last time i called them.

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2012
Here is my update! I walked in the apple store. They didn't have any black ones or 64gb so I ended up getting a white 32gb. I was able to purchase 2 iPhones with no issue "device only". You do not have to restore with iTunes the AT&T iPhones are unlocked out of the box! I just went to a T-mobile store to get my nano sim and it worked perfectly. The genius told me that I have 30 days if I decide I want a black one but I think I will keep the white to avoid chipping issues. The battery is amazing on the thing!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.