Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DOlsson

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2007
Specs:
i5 2400 (3.1ghz)
12gb Ram
1gb AMD 6970

Results:
Amazing

I'm dual booting with Bootcamp into Windows 7. The game runs absolutely incredible - if you had concerns/questions whether or not your similar iMac could run this - fear not.

The only thing I can say is the machine gets HOT - but I guess that's to be expected.

If you're considering purchasing and you're running a similar setup - go right ahead. You won't be disappointed with how it performs. The gameplay/story - well that's all up to the individual.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
You know, I took a look at the BLOPS2 minimum specification.. and it was 2007 hardware. And they claim it runs very well on that.

Still, I prefer shooters on Xbox.

----------

The only thing I can say is the machine gets HOT - but I guess that's to be expected.

Remember the aluminum casing is part of the heat dissipation plan. Just don't touch it..

DOlsson

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2007
You know, I took a look at the BLOPS2 minimum specification.. and it was 2007 hardware. And they claim it runs very well on that.

Still, I prefer shooters on Xbox.

----------

Remember the aluminum casing is part of the heat dissipation plan. Just don't touch it..

I don't read much into system requirements these days. When Black Ops 1 came out the requirements were less, however it ran like a piece of dog **** at launch. Several patches later it ran how it should on hardware worlds above the system requirements.

What's great about BLOPS2 - it runs exactly how it should - I was happy.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Specs:
i5 2400 (3.1ghz)
12gb Ram
1gb AMD 6970

Results:
Amazing

I'm dual booting with Bootcamp into Windows 7. The game runs absolutely incredible - if you had concerns/questions whether or not your similar iMac could run this - fear not.

If you're considering purchasing and you're running a similar setup - go right ahead. You won't be disappointed with how it performs. The gameplay/story - well that's all up to the individual.

Thanks, good to know. Not sure if I want it on 360 or PC yet.

Phx08

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2012
Good stuff...thank you so much for posting this as I was thinking about going out and getting BO 2 today & I have a similar setup.

weezin

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2012
Are you running it at full resolution?

I have the base 2011 iMac 27". I know that the GPU is decidedly lower-spec but I'm wondering if it would suffice...

bo-waleed

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2009
Hi TC did you get Mass Effect disc 2 with BO2 ? [lolz]

Anyway, What setting are you using ? All ultra in native res ? in 60fps ?

Also, Did the fans make big noises ?

2Turbo

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
Great news! What settings and FPS?

I'm getting the late 2012 21" 650m and hope it can play Black Ops 2 at high FPS. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.