Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Christian 5G

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Orange County, CA
Hello everyone!!

For the past I tried to decide wheat her get the mini or not... So I decided to get it. I got it.

After seeing so many threads about it how bad the screen is or or how slow it is, I wanted to change my mind.

Th screen is perfect!!! Don't know what's wrong with your people's eyes... Sound is so good (speakers).

Is has 512 ram? Well it doesn't feel like it and it does not even compare to iPad 2. It is much,much better. The mini is not a downgrade so you won't be disappointed in it.

For all of you haters out here!! Good luck in your life!!

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
That was a breathtaking story sir.

Thank you for your opinion. I just don't happen to agree with it.

Enjoy your Mini!!!

bossxii

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
Kansas City
Hello everyone!!

For the past I tried to decide wheat her get the mini or not... So I decided to get it. I got it.

After seeing so many threads about it how bad the screen is or or how slow it is, I wanted to change my mind.

Th screen is perfect!!! Don't know what's wrong with your people's eyes... Sound is so good (speakers).

Is has 512 ram? Well it doesn't feel like it and it does not even compare to iPad 2. It is much,much better. The mini is not a downgrade so you won't be disappointed in it.

For all of you haters out here!! Good luck in your life!!

Congrats on your iPad Mini, I'm happy you like it. The so called haters may simply have a different view on what they want from an iPad. I own the iPad 3 and the wife wanted a Mini so I have spent hours ont he Mini and frankly love it for reading books and the web. The small size and weight is perfect for extended hours of reading and holding it like a book.

However... if I want to play a game or other graphic apps I use my full size iPad because the screen is that much nicer, the processer (even on the 3) is faster and noticeable on some games. If I had my choice they would create the iPad 5 with the next step in internals from the 4 but have the light weight and thin design of the Mini. I can't wait until battery technology catches up with the rest of the design.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
My second day with it and I cannot believe how hooked I am and I have android tablets with better screens and specs.

obviously the size and weight matter towards the attraction to it. But as we are seeing more now that is the path devices are adopting to. Witness the nexus 7, nook hd, and kindle fire hd.

Christian 5G

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Orange County, CA
My second day with it and I cannot believe how hooked I am and I have android tablets with better screens and specs.

obviously the size and weight matter towards the attraction to it. But as we are seeing more now that is the path devices are adopting to. Witness the nexus 7, nook hd, and kindle fire hd.

Same.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I saw a few recommendations about the Mercury browser so I downloaded and I can adjust font size. Wow, now I am really not going to have a life using this Mini all the time.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I'm just going with Safari in landscape mode for web pages. Not sorry I spent time and experimented with other browsers but I don't think I will be happy with using any in portrait mode.

As far as first impressions, I tried the iPod touch 5 and ended up for $299 not being worth it to me. I would not be happy in the long run with browsing and watching videos on this small a screen regardless of the clarity.

Next I tried the iPad 3 since Best Buy had it for $399 open box. Boy this was it so I thought BUT the weight and size I wasn't thrilled with considering I am use to 7" android tablets.

Then I was lucky to get a Mini. Yes, there are trade offs but for $329 I'm golden.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.