Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
company trash is not free for all at any company. i would expect apple store is no different. I know people who have gotten fired for taking stuff out of the company trash and taking it home.

IDK what to tell you.

midwestfisherma

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
S.E. Mich
I hate the fact that I have a glass desk. Should have gotten a solid desk so I can use the magic mouse wherever I wanted . :(

----------

not too sure if I posted this, but here it is anyways

83fa074597dba825b4ae525478843097.jpg

Dam dude, you even stole the posters off of the Apple store wall! I like it!

Edit: BTW, get on that cable management homie! :)

Last edited:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I'm looking to re-design the room to maximise space....Any interior designers out there? I'm going to put the TV on a wall bracket, but that's not going to help with space.

I also frequently have a couple of amps and mic's setup too. There is a sofa on the wall where I took the pictures from....Directly opposite the TV. Interior design has never been one of my strong suits...:)

Attachments

• Studio.png
    Studio.png
    3 MB · Views: 300
  • Studio2.png
    Studio2.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 239

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
I'm looking to re-design the room to maximise space....Any interior designers out there? I'm going to put the TV on a wall bracket, but that's not going to help with space.

I also frequently have a couple of amps and mic's setup too. There is a sofa on the wall where I took the pictures from....Directly opposite the TV. Interior design has never been one of my strong suits...:)

Go thru everything and keep only whats necessary. I did a big clean up of my place and now have tons on room to store everything else. Are you willing to invest in new furniture or do you strictly want to work with what you have? Ikea Hackers has plenty of great ideas for inspiration. From there I'm sure you can build a desk that suits your needs. Make a cabinet for your TT, amp and all the goods.

Last edited:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Go thru everything and keep only whats necessary. I did a big clean up of my place and now have tons on room to store everything else. Are you willing to invest in new furniture or do you strictly want to work with what you have? Ikea Hackers has plenty of great ideas for inspiration. From there I'm sure you can build a desk that suits your needs. Make a cabinet for your TT, amp and all the goods.

I don't mind spending a little if it helps.The desk is fine, just maybe needs relocation? I take your point about some kind of cabinet for the Onkyo AV, 3D Blu ray etc etc.....Then I could remove all that DIY shelving from the wall....Still doesn't really gain me any space as such, would just look tidier.

I'd prefer not to add any more tables....I have 3 of the damn things stored away....It would look better with the TC, AV DVD ATV stuff in some kind of dedicated unit though.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
company trash is not free for all at any company. i would expect apple store is no different. I know people who have gotten fired for taking stuff out of the company trash and taking it home.

When I worked for a certail video game retailer I was free to take home any posters I wanted when I changed them out every two weeks. I also have 10-15 of the cardboard standees in my garage.

/"\/oo\/"\

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2007
When I worked for a certail video game retailer I was free to take home any posters I wanted when I changed them out every two weeks. I also have 10-15 of the cardboard standees in my garage.

The thing of it is, Apple Retail is provided clear and explicit directions that outgoing merchandising material is to be destroyed once it's no longer needed. I'm not accusing rever3nce of anything because all that's been posted is iPhone material, and maybe that came from a partner carrier and maybe they have different rules. That said, employees that steal from their employers have been and deserve to be terminated for their actions.

/rant

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
/"\/oo\/"\;16288658 said:
The thing of it is, Apple Retail is provided clear and explicit directions that outgoing merchandising material is to be destroyed once it's no longer needed. I'm not accusing rever3nce of anything because all that's been posted is iPhone material, and maybe that came from a partner carrier and maybe they have different rules. That said, employees that steal from their employers have been and deserve to be terminated for their actions.

/rant

Alright :rolleyes:

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
Dam dude, you even stole the posters off of the Apple store wall! I like it!

Edit: BTW, get on that cable management homie! :)

I have tried cable management for years. I have either too much crap or I am not good at it lol. Thinking a little bit of both.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I hate the fact that I have a glass desk. Should have gotten a solid desk so I can use the magic mouse wherever I wanted . :(

----------

not too sure if I posted this, but here it is anyways

83fa074597dba825b4ae525478843097.jpg

I'm taking it you like Apple stuff...just a guess though. :p

gv0yY.png

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
I don't mind spending a little if it helps.The desk is fine, just maybe needs relocation? I take your point about some kind of cabinet for the Onkyo AV, 3D Blu ray etc etc.....Then I could remove all that DIY shelving from the wall....Still doesn't really gain me any space as such, would just look tidier.

I'd prefer not to add any more tables....I have 3 of the damn things stored away....It would look better with the TC, AV DVD ATV stuff in some kind of dedicated unit though.

Your right media cabinet will probably take up as much space but a different approach to the shelves you are using now will make for a tidier setup.

Here a few that could work

http://www.ikeahackers.net/2012/02/dish-drainer-shelf-and-soap-dish.html
http://www.ikeahackers.net/2012/11/the-gallant-console.html
http://www.ikeahackers.net/2012/10/expedit-tv-stand-for-music-man.html
http://www.ikeahackers.net/search/label/work station

I hope this can give you a few ideas.

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
Your speakers need to be higher up ... ear level to get optimal performance to your ears. the angle is right though. Great clean setup all around.

I know. Actually have the stands for it, but can't have it higher because of the sloping wall (and TV). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.