Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphone joe

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
NY
Not a hard question to answer but nobody knows. You call an apple store and you get the I don't know answer. What gives here? :mad:

caz12345

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
Scotland
I was told by apple store it'll be late nov in UK now in a dilema as wanted to swap my wifi model on 16th for lte version. Has anyone heard of if any uk stores will get delivery on 16th?

d0r1en0

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
San Diego
I've called the apple stores as well, they all seem "not to know". Im really hoping its this friday, I dont see why people would get them delivered and you not be able to purchase them in the store. I need it for my wife, not even myself. They say a happy wife is a happy life. :apple:

jcr918

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2012
I've called the apple stores as well, they all seem "not to know". Im really hoping its this friday, I dont see why people would get them delivered and you not be able to purchase them in the store. I need it for my wife, not even myself. They say a happy wife is a happy life. :apple:

It appears Ipad shipments might of been delayed. I think retail and home delivers where supposed to get the shipments this Friday but it appears Monday will be the date now.

I am not 100% sure on this. I spoke to Apple about my order and this is what I was told. I had a delivery date of the 16th now it's been moved to the 19th. :mad:

d0r1en0

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
San Diego
It appears Ipad shipments might of been delayed. I think retail and home delivers where supposed to get the shipments this Friday but it appears Monday will be the date now.

I am not 100% sure on this. I spoke to Apple about my order and this is what I was told. I had a delivery date of the 16th now it's been moved to the 19th. :mad:

I really hope that's not the case. With being out of town and not getting back until after thanksgiving I feel the chances of them being out of stock will be high. I called 2 apple stores just now. Neither know anything about in store sale dates and neither have any iPads with data. Doesn't matter which gen.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I was just going to post something about this. They really seem to keep Apple employees in the dark!
Here's my deal, I ordered a 32 gig LTE iPad 4 just after 3am when the Apple store started accepting orders. A few weeks later, AT&T said that they are offering $100.00 off if you sign up for a 2 year data contract. Signing up is no big deal because I'm going to have a data plan anyway so I don't mind saving $100.00. I started thinking, the easiest way to do this will be to take the new iPad to an Apple Store, return it then repurchase it so I can sign up for the plan there/get the discount. I want to make sure there won't be a problem doing that. I called two Apple Stores, both people that I talked to didn't know about the discount and they both said that they don't know when they will have cellular iPads in. A lot of us just enjoy this stuff as a hobby and we seem to know more. I have confirmed with AT&T that the discount will be available for iPads purchased through Apple.
I'd like to plan my time doing this because I'm going to be buying a Mac Mini at the same time. Guess I'll have to wait til next week to call again.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I contacted AT&T again. They confirmed that the discount is available for new and referbished iPads that are purchased through them and AT&T (forgot to ask about other stores but I would presume so).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.