Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Ha in the twitterverse people are speculating that Jony Ive had something to do with the new passbook welcome screen. I doubt it, but I must admit it looks quite nice. No kitsch anywhere. :)

It looks much better than the one they're using now.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
What no battered mars bar?

Another much over used stereotype my friend.

Originated in a small chippy in Stonehaven and has never seen the light of day in the cities of Scotland. I have never seen one, seen one for sale, or heard of anyone who's seen or tried one.

Yet EVERYONE in England thinks we live on the things and eat them often!

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
Can someone confirm that a custom ringtone sounds worse than if the same file is used as a text tone or other alert? This was an issue in IOS 5 and only fixed in it's last revision yet has not gone back to being broke. Sounds as if the sound is muffled and dumbed down. Thanks.

fat jez

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK

Originated in a small chippy in Stonehaven and has never seen the light of day in the cities of Scotland. I have never seen one, seen one for sale, or heard of anyone who's seen or tried one.

Likewise, I have never seen one in 22 years of living in Scotland. If people wanted them, the chippies would sell them, clearly there is no demand.

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008

I saw them in an Aberdeen chippy, but couldn't put my vascular system through that kind of torture.

chrscap

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2012
I heard it can get you coffee on the official 6.1, its in the reminders app. You have to buy the spark,.

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
USA
Could that be a hardware issue? My friend had that happen to her iPhone pre-iOS 6 and she just swapped it out for a new one at the Apple Store.

No, I don't believe this is a hardware issue because it works for around 45 minutes after I do a Reset Network Settings every time. The Wifi part itself is working, I believe it's a problem in the firmware/driver of the Wifi which started presenting in iOS 6/6.0.1.

spasticapple

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
iTunes Match progress bar is now orange instead of blue.

Attachments

• IMG_0278.PNG
    IMG_0278.PNG
    125.7 KB · Views: 168

Vundu

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2009
Manchester, UK

My mates Dad has a chippy in Scotland. Said mars bars and also battered pizza is popular.

Never heard of the pizza one before.

Dannyseed

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2012
Brick
Same here. Killing my iPad 3 very quickly. I didn't restore as new. Could that be the problem?

Yeah maybe. I did a clean install. It's been incredible. Got to work this morning at 53% at 9am. It's now 2:10pm and I'm at 41% with normal usage. Stoked!

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
My 5 seems to be doing better as well. Currently at 6hr standby and 2hrs of use with battery at 80%. This is with wifi and lte on. Some music, web browsing and messaging.

Note: I did a clean install of 6.0 after I got the phone

NedBookPro

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2011
Check my source for full list of features in iOS 6.1 beta 2 :)

I noticed that:
KNOWN ISSUES WITH iOS 6.1:
"Exchange doesn’t seem to be fixed properly"

Why can't apple get this right??? A lot of people (me included) are using iphone for work purposes.

Also, are they ever going to address the swoosh sound before SMTP negotiation bug???

Maybe you could find out for us.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
iTunes Match progress bar is now orange instead of blue.

It's been orange since 6.0.

----------

My mates Dad has a chippy in Scotland. Said mars bars and also battered pizza is popular.

Never heard of the pizza one before.

Battered pizza is common, known as a Pizza Crunch.

I have never seen a chippy in Glasgow offer or sell a deep fried Mars Bar.

Although I did hear a rumour that a chippy down south offered deep fried Maltesers!

Elefantito

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
Anyone with the AES Wifi issue (packet loss when on WPA2 AES Cypher networks) tried 6.1 beta 2 to see if its fixed?

6.0.1 didn't do much for me...

brylliant

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
I noticed that:
KNOWN ISSUES WITH iOS 6.1:
"Exchange doesn’t seem to be fixed properly"

Why can't apple get this right??? A lot of people (me included) are using iphone for work purposes.

Also, are they ever going to address the swoosh sound before SMTP negotiation bug???

Maybe you could find out for us.

How could I find out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.