Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FearTheD

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
It's been a while, but I just have one question that I still feel wasn't 100% answered, since there are a few answers. I know the unlimited iPhone data plan will work on other phones but will the unlimited smartphone data plan work on the iPhone or no? Anyone try it?

----------

Also to those that have tried the Inspire, how do you feel about it? iPhone killer quality? I've grown up Apple, and am really inclined towards their products but I feel a bit ignorant saying Apple is the best without first having tried the other platforms, which is why I'm trying an Android, and imo, the best Android phone maker, htc. I've tried wackberries, and it's safe to say.. iPhone > Blackberrys, but I'm curious to know if I'll take more of a liking to the Inspire than to my i4.

sbddude

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2010
Nor Cal, USA
It's been a while, but I just have one question that I still feel wasn't 100% answered, since there are a few answers. I know the unlimited iPhone data plan will work on other phones but will the unlimited smartphone data plan work on the iPhone or no? Anyone try it?

----------

Also to those that have tried the Inspire, how do you feel about it? iPhone killer quality? I've grown up Apple, and am really inclined towards their products but I feel a bit ignorant saying Apple is the best without first having tried the other platforms, which is why I'm trying an Android, and imo, the best Android phone maker, htc. I've tried wackberries, and it's safe to say.. iPhone > Blackberrys, but I'm curious to know if I'll take more of a liking to the Inspire than to my i4.

Yes it will. I use the inspire more due to the larger screen and faster processor, but I do miss the ipod features of the iphone. I can't dock with my car or ihome speakers.

treyjustice

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
TX
you can use it in ANY phone if you have the adapter.. I go back and forth between phones all the time

Old Finn

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2012
iPhone 4S microsim into Nokia 808

I have an unlimited data plan for mine and my wife's iPhones. I want to purchase an unlocked Nokia 808 for it's killer camera. It takes microsims. Anyone know if there should be a problem moving my iphone sim to the Nokia?

ATT carries some Nokia's, but not the 808. I know how to move simes, but I'm also concerned about losing my email and voice contacts.

TIA
Old Finn

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I have an unlimited data plan for mine and my wife's iPhones. I want to purchase an unlocked Nokia 808 for it's killer camera. It takes microsims. Anyone know if there should be a problem moving my iphone sim to the Nokia?

ATT carries some Nokia's, but not the 808. I know how to move simes, but I'm also concerned about losing my email and voice contacts.

TIA
Old Finn

You should be able to swap sims without a problem. As far as losing your email/contacts, I have no experience with Symbian but I'd guess you should be able to set up your email account as you would on any other smartphone. I have no idea how contacts are synced in Symbian but I'm sure there's a way to either move them directly from a connected computer or possibly via a sync with Google.

okashira

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012
Hi all. I found this thread via a google search.

I have an iphone 4s, with data on AT&T and I tried swapping the sim card to a galaxy S II Skyrocket LTE (AT&T) and the data didn't work. (used micro sim to sim adapter)

calls worked fine on the SII but data did not work at all, no 3G, no 2G, no LTE, no HSPA.

Anyone know if I can swap the sim from the 4S to another phone and get data? Perhaps another phone other then the galaxy sII skyrocket? I want to be able to do it without changing the plan with AT&T.

sbddude

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2010
Nor Cal, USA
Hi all. I found this thread via a google search.

I have an iphone 4s, with data on AT&T and I tried swapping the sim card to a galaxy S II Skyrocket LTE (AT&T) and the data didn't work. (used micro sim to sim adapter)

calls worked fine on the SII but data did not work at all, no 3G, no 2G, no LTE, no HSPA.

Anyone know if I can swap the sim from the 4S to another phone and get data? Perhaps another phone other then the galaxy sII skyrocket? I want to be able to do it without changing the plan with AT&T.

You have a few options:

1. Use a non-LTE phone and your current SIM will work.
2. Change your APN to the same used on the iphone (and/or disable LTE)
3. Get a new SIM from AT&T and get on an LTE plan. You will be able to keep unlimited if you have it and you shouldn't have to pay for the SIM.

Once you have an LTE SIM/plan, the SIM car still works on non-LTE phones (i.e. your iphone). You can also swap among LTE phones as well.

okashira

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012
You have a few options:

1. Use a non-LTE phone and your current SIM will work.
2. Change your APN to the same used on the iphone (and/or disable LTE)
3. Get a new SIM from AT&T and get on an LTE plan. You will be able to keep unlimited if you have it and you shouldn't have to pay for the SIM.

Once you have an LTE SIM/plan, the SIM car still works on non-LTE phones (i.e. your iphone). You can also swap among LTE phones as well.

Hey thanks, I will try changing the APN. Will update with the result. Disabling LTE didn't do it.

okashira

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012
EDIT: It worked!

Just changed the APN.

got HSDPA+ about 6mbit down. It's no LTE but I am happy.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.