Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srockett

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012
Did anyone that already got a shipping confirmation have a personalized mini?

I ordered minutes after the presale, but mine is still "preparing for shipping"

Maybe because it will be engraved?!?

Phima256

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
Cleveland
Yep, I ordered within a few hours and mine is personalized too. Still preparing for shipment. I'm assuming that's the hold up.
Wonder if anyone who has a personalized one got their shipment moved up to next day?

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX

Is your's an AT&T model? On another thread, I'm reading that the people who are getting shipped notices have purchased the Verizon model (so far). Mine is AT&T, and it still is in Preparing for Shipment with a delivery date of 11/21.

Phima256

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
Cleveland
Mine is AT&T. Even the non-personalized AT&T are still preparing? That stinks for us but glad it seems "normal." Can't wait!

srockett

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012
Is your's an AT&T model? On another thread, I'm reading that the people who are getting shipped notices have purchased the Verizon model (so far). Mine is AT&T, and it still is in Preparing for Shipment with a delivery date of 11/21.

I ordered the personalized Verizon 32 model, and it is still preparing for shipping. :mad:

raremage

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Orlando, Florida
I didn't call and aggravate Apple for a quicker delivery date, but I just got my "One of your items has shipped" email from Apple.

My delivery date has bounced around. I ordered a couple of minutes into the pre-sale, a white 16 on Verizon. The website has told me to expect delivery on Nov 23, mid-November, and now November 16.

My tracking number from FedEx says it will actually deliver on 11/15. "Mid-November" indeed.

Edit to add: Now FedEx tracking site reports delivery on 11/16. Seems like a lot of people are seeing the same change.

Same thing happened to me. When I got it this morning I thought "Wow, nice, a day earlier than I could have expected!"

Then it changed. Oh, well, still better than the 21st, so no complaints here.

----------

I ordered the personalized Verizon 32 model, and it is still preparing for shipping. :mad:

Mine now has three entries:
Shipping information sent to FedEx
Picked Up
Left origination facility

bevo

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2002
Mine is in transit from china. FedEx still keeps a delivery date of 11/19. I'm on the east coast.

Is this the same for anyone else on the east coast? I ordered soon as well on the pre-order, iPad 4 with verizon LTE, 32 gb white.

nsayer

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Silicon Valley
Verizon and AT&T include a per-device monthly fee if you want to use more than one device on a given data plan.

T-Mobile charges a monthly fee for tethering. This is cheaper than the per-device options if you have several devices, but it's still an extra fee for purchasing the same amount of data.

Tethering is a hassle, at least compared to the alternative of just having your data plan available on all your devices. For the reasons I've already stated, in my judgement it is worth $10 per device to not have to do it.

Of course, opinions are just like cornholes. Everybody has one and they usually stink.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
My tracking number from FedEx says it will actually deliver on 11/15. "Mid-November" indeed.

Edit to add: Now FedEx tracking site reports delivery on 11/16. Seems like a lot of people are seeing the same change.
Same here.

It's not unusual for FedEx to beat the delivery date on the tracking page (for Apple stuff) where I live, so I'm curious to see if it shows up on Thursday.

I didn't bug Apple to move my shipping date up, so I was expecting delivery next Wednesday. This Friday is an awesome surprise!

Splash92553

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012
Personalized ipad Mini FedEx del 11/16. Verizon models 1 silver 32 and 1 slate. Pre ordered confirmed 10-26-12 @ 0004. Guess ill be one of first people that personalized them to receive mine!!!

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Tethering is a hassle, at least compared to the alternative of just having your data plan available on all your devices. For the reasons I've already stated, in my judgement it is worth $10 per device to not have to do it.

My situation's a bit different - my iPhone's on a pay-as-you-go plan. When I was with AT&T prepaid, using multiple devices wasn't even an option. With T-Mobile, I can add tethering if I want to pay extra; but I still can't share the plan.

On the plus side... I'm only paying $30/month for unlimited text and data + 100 minutes talk. :D You're probably paying slightly more than that. ;)

Haswell

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2012
USA
My situation's a bit different - my iPhone's on a pay-as-you-go plan. When I was with AT&T prepaid, using multiple devices wasn't even an option. With T-Mobile, I can add tethering if I want to pay extra; but I still can't share the plan.

On the plus side... I'm only paying $30/month for unlimited text and data + 100 minutes talk. :D You're probably paying slightly more than that. ;)

Who's your carrier? $30/month for unlimited text and data + 100 minutes talk is not a bad deal.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Who's your carrier? $30/month for unlimited text and data + 100 minutes talk is not a bad deal.

T-Mobile. It's a deal only available from their website.

A big downside right now is - while they are currently reallocating network spectrum to better support the iPhone, until that's done you only get EDGE speeds a lot of places. I'm in western Washington state, and they're progressing pretty well here; but at the moment I'm still only getting EDGE connections in probably 50% of locations.

Once the reallocation is done, though, even the LTE iPhone 5 will be supported.

Oh, and obviously 100 minutes a month isn't a lot. For some people that's only enough for maybe a day or two. For me, though, it's about 3x what I need in a month... I hardly ever make voice calls anymore. :D

Haswell

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2012
USA

A big downside right now is - while they are currently reallocating network spectrum to better support the iPhone, until that's done you only get EDGE speeds a lot of places. I'm in western Washington state, and they're progressing pretty well here; but at the moment I'm still only getting EDGE connections in probably 50% of locations.

Oh, and obviously 100 minutes a month isn't a lot. For some people that's only enough for maybe a day or two. For me, though, it's about 3x what I need in a month... I hardly ever make voice calls anymore. :D

You don't need minutes anyways. Since you have unlimited data, you can just use VoIP.

Haswell

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2012
USA
In this case, "unlimited" is up to 5 gigs/month at high speed (4G if your phone can handle it and is compatible with the network), then they drop you to EDGE speeds.

I wonder when t-mobile will get the iPhone 5? I am sure it will happen at some point.

oddnendz

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Just changed to Preparing for shipment. No charge to CC yet. The date is still "by November 21" (ordered at 1203 am PDT 10/26/12) ... Which is ok ... Because I will still be in the area to drop by and pick up at work...and set it up on the way to mom and dad's ( not driving, btw).

Haswell

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2012
USA

I just found out that you can buy an GSM unlocked iPhone 5 from Verizon and pop in a t-mobile nano sim card.

Now I can get an iPhone 5 from Verizon and a t-mobile nano sim card. Then I can just VoIP via wifi instead of my 100 mins. I am super temped to do this.

srockett

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012

I got a shipping confirmation email tonight. My personalized Verizon 32 black/slate ipad mini will arrive on Friday before 10:30. Woo hooo! FedEx says it is still in China, but is scheduled to arrive (I'm on the East Coast) by Friday.

Yay!!:D:D:D:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.