Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
iPad Mini sleeve

I made this one. It has a tab on the top which attaches to the tiger cub button. I'll be adding a BoxWave back case and screen protector.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
I am trying etsy.com for a sleeve to go with the iPad mini and a smart cover... I ordered this from etsy...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/113156875/mens-ipad-or-ipad-mini-case-or-ipad-with

The person who makes these has like a million designs and their are about a million other people on etsy who make a million other versions... to me it seems you get something higher quality and more unique for the same price as what I am finding online.

I will only use the sleeve when I throw my iPad mini in a bag, otherwise it just going to be the smart cover.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I went with the WaterField ultimate sleevecase. They have it now for the mini
sfbags.com

Yeah they have a whole page of mini choices up now, Waterfield is how I usually go, still thinking my mini's good with a smartcover and maybe some sleeve i'll make for it. But some of these are tugging at my wallet...

http://www.sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/ipad-cases.php

I dunno. I love the jacket with a mesh pocket from Waterfield that I keep my iPhone 4S in. I can't decide yet for the mini.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I got the Dodocase Durables today, and while its very nice, the mini fits too loosely. I'm afraid it will fall out sometime if I'm not paying attention. If you hold it by the leather part you can pinch the mini to keep it from falling out, but otherwise no way is it snugg enough to not fall out. It's too bad because I love the sleeve, it looks nice and you can tell its great quality. I wish I had a way to keep the ipad in without making the case look bad or be difficult to use.

schulzmc

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2006
Heads up - I had a premium leather sleeve I bought for my old Kindle Keyboard. It fits the iPad Mini perfectly! So if you can find someone clearing out old Kindle keyboard sleeves they work great.

panda bear

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2010
Just purchased this one from Etsy today:
il_570xN.261043364.jpg

I saw a lot of really nice sleeves on there. I am particular to plaid, but if you're a dude they had a lot of plain, but nice sleeves.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
I got the Dodocase Durables today, and while its very nice, the mini fits too loosely. I'm afraid it will fall out sometime if I'm not paying attention. If you hold it by the leather part you can pinch the mini to keep it from falling out, but otherwise no way is it snugg enough to not fall out. It's too bad because I love the sleeve, it looks nice and you can tell its great quality. I wish I had a way to keep the ipad in without making the case look bad or be difficult to use.

I'm glad you said that because I was considering buying that one for my mini. I wish Apple would come out with an official sleeve. I hate buying 3rd party products...

panda bear

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2010
I'm glad you said that because I was considering buying that one for my mini. I wish Apple would come out with an official sleeve. I hate buying 3rd party products...

Not trying to be an ass, but.. why?

I can see this sentiment for any kind of hardware accessories. But for a sleeve or a case?

I'm just curious. I promise i'm not trying to argue with you about your opinion.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009

I can see this sentiment for any kind of hardware accessories. But for a sleeve or a case?

I'm just curious. I promise i'm not trying to argue with you about your opinion.

Some people gotta have that logo I guess. Lets be honest, when it comes to the iPad accessories, Apple's attempts have been very lackluster. I would rather they not make any case/sleeve and focus on the iPad itself.

As for the topic, If I were getting a sleeve i'd probably go with the Tom Bihn Cache for iPad mini.

http://www.tombihn.com/accessories/TB035IPADMINI.html

panda bear

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2010
Some people gotta have that logo I guess. Lets be honest, when it comes to the iPad accessories, Apple's attempts have been very lackluster. I would rather they not make any case/sleeve and focus on the iPad itself.

As for the topic, If I were getting a sleeve i'd probably go with the Tom Bihn Cache for iPad mini.

http://www.tombihn.com/accessories/TB035IPADMINI.html

Haha.. I have a friend who's like that. She has an iPad and an iPhone and will only buy cases that allow the Apple logo to show.

Her iPad is from the school she teaches at and they gave them iPad 1 cases for their iPad 2's.. so being nice, I decided to buy her a case.. and I had to try to find one that shows the Apple logo and it was maddening.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA

Maybe some think that because it's made by the same company that manufactures the device, it will be a perfect fit.

However, some don't understand that Apple does release device dimensions to manufacturers.

sdstang65

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
I received the Saddleback medium gadget sleeve yesterday. The mini fits perfect without the smart cover. It's a little tight with the smart cover but the leather will stretch. I left the mini in the sleeve overnight and already noticed it is easier to use today with the smart cover.

One thing is for sure, the mini will be protected and this sleeve is built to last. Excellent value for the money.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Classic-Gadget-Sleeve?sc=8&category=1290

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    408.2 KB · Views: 117
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    515 KB · Views: 132

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I received the Saddleback medium gadget sleeve yesterday. The mini fits perfect without the smart cover. It's a little tight with the smart cover but the leather will stretch. I left the mini in the sleeve overnight and already noticed it is easier to use today with the smart cover.

One thing is for sure, the mini will be protected and this sleeve is built to last. Excellent value for the money.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Classic-Gadget-Sleeve?sc=8&category=1290

Does it hold the ipad mini tight enough without the Smart Cover that it won't fall out on its own?

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I just went to Five Below and bought a small case with a handle to carry it around. They have lots of accessories for iPads. This case is light as a feather btw.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.