Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ettd88

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2012
Might help to understand if there is a pattern here. Seems AT&T models are held up, any pattern in terms of the model? Mine is a 32GB Black, still listed as Preparing for Shipment.

Mine is a 16 gb black and another 16gb white AT&T reported as prepared for shipment since yesterday. Ordered nov 6 no CC charges

report if yours is an AT&T and what model to find the pattern on delayed minis...

Last edited:

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Might help to understand if there is a pattern here. Seems AT&T models are held up, any pattern in terms of the model? Mine is a 32GB Black ordered on 10/26 at 2:59 PM CT, still listed as Preparing for Shipment.

I have a 16GB Black AT&T -- still Preparing for Shipment (and credit card was charged yesterday). Ordered minutes after preorders went live.

AlvinNguyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
ATT already said its not throttling IPAD unlimited data. Can't be many of us left since they only offered it for less than 2 months and 3G iPads were short in stock.

Yay for unlimited LTE haha!!

bull. att would throttle your bandwidth way before that much data. unlimited is not unlimited.

ettd88

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2012
Talked to apple CS said the prepared for shipment mini AT&T were on schedule to be delivered on 20th so it's still weird they are sitting prepared to ship

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
Ha , the unicorns with lasers comment was funny.
But I'm saying my assessment isn't fact.
However, intuition and deductive reasoning is beautiful thing & when applied correctly often times can be spot on.

It's 2+2 folks ... Your CCs were charged. That means the product is blessed by Apple to ship. So the hold up is @ the shipping facility . They have a green light but no tracking number means it didn't get scanned , which means it didn't get thrown in an air can on trailer destined to airport USA.
There are an infinite # of reasons to be held at the shipper. And all in saying is that the AT&T cell tech happens to be the differentiating factor.

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
Talked to apple CS said the prepared for shipment mini AT&T were on schedule to be delivered on 20th so it's still weird they are sitting prepared to ship

As of this post, it is just past 7am in China. What likely happened is that they were prepped, but were too late for shipping out yesterday (local time), which was during the night for us. Not sure the rhyme or reason why those that made it out did, but it is what it is.

ics55

macrumors regular
May 18, 2010
I'm in the same boat. I also have a wifi mini that I got a few weeks ago when it launched. It did not ship until Thursday for a Friday delivery because it was already at a warehouse in California. It just sat in "preparing to ship" for almost a week. It's possible that the same thing is happening here. We will have to see.

ettd88

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2012
I'm in the same boat. I also have a wifi mini that I got a few weeks ago when it launched. It did not ship until Thursday for a Friday delivery because it was already at a warehouse in California. It just sat in "preparing to ship" for almost a week. It's possible that the same thing is happening here. We will have to see.

Praying this happens LOL

freejack

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2007
Long Island, NY

Similar thing happened with my wifi mini. Stuck in preparing for a few days and then two days before it arrived, finally shipped from kentucky.

gooberwilson

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2012
Canada
Nov 13, 2012 11:58 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
SHENZHEN CN

What does this mean? This is in local time here in Hawaii (currently 5:38pm). So that time hasn't even come yet. Does this mean that's when it's scheduled to leave?

christof

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2002
Earth
My Apple Online Store order for white 16 GB iPad mini AT&T placed at midnight on the preorder date still hasn't updated. Ships: 5 business days. Delivers: November 21 via Standard Shipping.

Eric5964

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Southeast Michigan
My black 64 GB ATT LTE says the following.....

Available to ship: 5 business days
Delivers Nov 16 via Next Day Shipping

It is still processing, so not sure what to think?

EricE

srockett

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012
I got a shipping confirmation email tonight. My personalized Verizon 32 black/slate ipad mini will arrive on Friday before 10:30. Woo hooo! FedEx says it is still in China, but is scheduled to arrive (I'm on the East Coast) by Friday.

Yay!! :D:D:D:D

I'm assuming they will be in stores on Friday and Apple is hustling to make sure pre-order folks get theirs the same day. (From pickup in China to deliver on the East Coast in less than 72 hours seems pretty quick!!)

Can't wait!!

clborden

macrumors regular
May 12, 2009
Derby, CT
My Apple Online Store order for white 16 GB iPad mini AT&T placed at midnight on the preorder date still hasn't updated. Ships: 5 business days. Delivers: November 21 via Standard Shipping.

I have the same model coming, and I have the same "Delivers Nov 21" on my orders page. No info with FedEx either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.