Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
Read on other website that the battery and heat issues appeared after updated from 6.0 to 6.0.1. Anybody here has this issue?

Battery drain faster than before? I understand that Touch 5 supposed to have brilliant battery life comparing to Gen 4. thanks in advance for all answers.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
6.0.1 is a bug-fix update, it's supposed to fix problems, not create new problems. There shouldn't be any battery problems or slowdown in the performance. If there is, do a restore in iTunes.

Snarl

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
Canada Eh
I actually had problems doing the update but that was due to something on my PC i.e. Antivirus etc.. however once I got the update to take it's been great, no problems with anything that I've noticed.

riptide747

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
I've seen a small amount of decrease in battery life, but for now it seems like general wear and tear.

Jelliess

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
If you have noticed in iOS 6.0, the wifi connectivity is not so stable. iOS6.0.1 has fixed this. When i updated to 6.0.1, my wifi connects faster and the signal is stronger. So far I do not notice any effects on my iTouch's battery after updating to 6.0.1. My device still works fine and the battery doesn't drain fast like what others claim. ;)

Last edited:

Silken

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2010
I haven't noticed any change since upgrading to 6.0.1. The battery life is still as excellent as it was before. I'm constantly watching video and listing to music and podcasts on mine and it lasts well over the advertised 8 hours of battery life.

There's been a definite improvement in the strength of the wifi connectivity so I have no grumbles on that front either.

Overall it's still as awesome as it was prior to the update :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.