Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

valdikor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
Slovakia
Today is the first anniversay of iTunes Match. I expeced my subscription to renew today, but instead I received an email saying it could not be renewed (see the attachment). That is strange since I'm positive I have enough money in my bank and just today I was billed for some previous iTunes purchases, so my payment method is in order. iTunes Match still seems to work for me and the tab under iTunes Account Information still says the subscription is active and is scheduled to renew on 14th November 2012. Strange, isn't it? Has anybody else received such a message?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-14 at 14.05.02.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-14 at 14.05.02.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 263

Paradroid01

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
Exact same thing here and as you said, it's strange since I've been making app purchases without issue. I guess we'll find out in 90 days when our content does/does not appear. Hopefully sooner. :confused:

valdikor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
Slovakia
They may have had some temporary problems with the renewals. However, I just got a message that my subscription has now been automatically renewed, along with a payment receipt. All is good and well now, it seems. Hope the same happens to you. :)

kavika411

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2006
Alabama
I received the same "couldn't be renewed" message. Assuming for a moment there is a payment problem or whatever, when will Apple "wipe out" my iTunes Match catalog? Not sure if I asked that question correctly, but hopefully one of you knows what I mean. Thank you.

valdikor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
Slovakia
I received the same "couldn't be renewed" message. Assuming for a moment there is a payment problem or whatever, when will Apple "wipe out" my iTunes Match catalog? Not sure if I asked that question correctly, but hopefully one of you knows what I mean. Thank you.

The email says they'll wipe your library out in 90 days. So even if there are prolonged problems with your billing on their side (or yours), you'll have three months to sort thngs out before having to start over.

kavika411

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2006
Alabama
The email says they'll wipe your library out in 90 days. So even if there are prolonged problems with your billing on their side (or yours), you'll have three months to sort thngs out before having to start over.

Thanks. I'm an idiot for not actually reading the whole email before asking my question. :eek:

SonoViva

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
CA
I got the same email. No problems with my bank account. I hope they'll sort this out soon!

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
I got the same "cannot renew" message. Payment is fine on my end. Definitely a problem.

Today I received another e-mail saying that my subscription has expired. I can still access all of my music however. In iTunes it shows that iTunes match is still working just like before. Really weird.

Paradroid01

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
Same here, Chris. And now, the iTunes Match option doesn't even show up in my account info. So at this point, I don't even know what options are available except to let the clock run out on the 90 days. There aren't any answers over on the Apple user boards either.

rjc74

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2011
Portland, OR
I'm having the exact same problem. I received the email saying iTunes Match could not be renewed but there are FOUR, yes 4 $24.99 authorizations on my credit card for the Aple iTunes Store. Then today, I get an email saying my subscription has expired. I have a thread going with Support, but they don't seem to understand my problem. I hope to get it resolved. Seems like a processing error on their end.

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with AppleCare. They spoke with the iTunes department and are allegedly aware of the problem. It seems that there are about 75-100 open cases with the exact same issue. And as of this morning there are now FIVE pending authorizations on my credit card. Ridiculous.
ScreenShot2012-11-16at74549AM.png

Last edited:

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
What's really wierd is that my wife's iTunes Match renewed just fine and mine didn't and we are both using the same credit card on our apple accounts.

batotman

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Mine expired days ago, no auto renew, and is still working. Now that I've said that it will likely stop working tomorrow....lol.

rjc74

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2011
Portland, OR
UPDATE: I now have 7 $24.99 authorizations on my credit card without any resolution. No return phone call as was promised to me last week by an AppleCare rep and the iTunes Store email I had going with Support has also gone without any response for 4 days now. May be time to say goodbye to iTunes Match and find a better service.

batotman

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
I still haven't been charged and it's still working. Expired on 11/15. Uploaded new music last night. Not complaining, but it's certainly odd. Checked my card, no charges were made either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.