Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kev.LoveMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
I would like to ask how many of you are going to buy the new iMac 2012 at least after reading a thorough review of it?:confused:

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
As it happens, I'll see reviews of the 21" before I buy, but that's a circumstance Apple and its manufacturing partners created by not having the 27" available at the same time.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
same here..... oh one question i have been wondering are we allowed to pre-order it or will it just buy it on the day? I remember when i got my 1st Gen iPad there was a pre-order 3 days after they accounted it and 5 days later it arrived a day before launch (if i remember correctly)

Recent pattern suggests Apple does preorders of certain iOS devices but not for Macs at all.

jtrainor56

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2010
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
review or no review I am ordering a loaded 27" iMac. Been putting it off for a year and finally have the finances to buy one. Been in the computer field since the mid 80's and working with PC's for over 25 years. Time for a change.

Kev.LoveMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
i'm buying it as soon as it's available, review or no review
I usually went to Anandtech.com for all reviews. In this year, I am afraid if I do not buy it as soon as it is released, the shipment will be delayed to next year. Sad:(

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
My 3 year old 27" i7 (one of the first) is still going strong. Maybe next summer.

The real problem is that I don't need increased speed but do need the optical drive and I do clone backups using FW800. So there's no reason to buy short of system failure.

atthecross

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2007
I usually went to Anandtech.com for all reviews. In this year, I am afraid if I do not buy it as soon as it is released, the shipment will be delayed to next year. Sad:(

thinking now that even if pre-orders become available in december, probably won't get it until 2013 anyways

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
I would like to ask how many of you are going to buy the new iMac 2012 at least after reading a thorough review of it?:confused:

I'm buying one ASAP.

I don't care if I get a batch which requires a recall, at least I know I've got one and can pay it off.

If I don't act fast enough and they go out of stock, I can imagine there being a 4 week ship date or something.

atthecross

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2007
i sold a rc gasser helicopter to buy a 27" 2012 if there is a delay i'm hoping i can hang onto the money :eek:

Kev.LoveMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
thinking now that even if pre-orders become available in december, probably won't get it until 2013 anyways

Sad to hear that. I cleaned my office room recently just for it.

----------

I'm buying one ASAP.

I don't care if I get a batch which requires a recall, at least I know I've got one and can pay it off.

If I don't act fast enough and they go out of stock, I can imagine there being a 4 week ship date or something.

You are right. I think somehow I should also trust apple after-sale service.

applefiend95

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2012
i'll first be checking out the 21.5" when it is showcased at the stores. i will do so because at that time, the 27" won't be available (or it might but not for purchasing). then based on the reviews of the 21.5" i will go ahead with the purchase of the 27" model.

Killer Bob

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012
out of iMac since the beginning of October (sold my fading 2008 model).
will buy a BTO 27" without hesitation when that BUY button will finally show up.

Kev.LoveMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
out of iMac since the beginning of October (sold my fading 2008 model).
will buy a BTO 27" without hesitation when that BUY button will finally show up.

;) I guess there may be a lot of people doing the same thing. For god sake let it be THIS WEEK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.