Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iApache

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
Like most:

Dkmhl.jpg

Also, ordered a new controller + a chat pad.

QIwge.png

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Like so many others. Now if I could only play more than 10 minutes at a time without getting booted/lagged out, that would be fantastic.

RIaYG.jpg

Gofre

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
HD_25-1_II_ProductImage.jpg

£80. Anyone who's interested in headphones will appreciate how ecstatic I am to have found them at this price.

MrKambo

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2012
would you mind sharing a link to the case you got?
It is impossible to find decent cases for the iPhone 5 in the Czech Republic :mad:

Yeah no problem, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snugg-iPhon...4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352903800&sr=1-4

----------

£80. Anyone who's interested in headphones will appreciate how ecstatic I am to have found them at this price.

Good buy, wont be disappointed ;) especially at that price

I'm after a set of Audio Technica M50 in white :D

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
A lot of Black Ops 2 purchases I see. Can I get a couple of reviews? I was going to buy it, but Ive read mostly bad reviews.

I just picked this up today:

bond-50.jpg

And I purchased a couple of these for one of my balconies:

1349642173-b-NM09-350.jpg

Τhey are galvanized metal, so they wont rust outside.

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
A new Western Digital 1TB hard drive for my PC. Got it on sale for $79.99 from newegg.com

Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

22-136-533-TS

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
A lot of Black Ops 2 purchases I see. Can I get a couple of reviews? I was going to buy it, but Ive read mostly bad reviews.

Typical COD. Underwhelming campaign, addicting multiplayer. A few new guns, new interface, new maps. If you're a fan of the series, go for it. If you're new, it's nothing to go bananas about.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Typical COD. Underwhelming campaign, addicting multiplayer. A few new guns, new interface, new maps. If you're a fan of the series, go for it. If you're new, it's nothing to go bananas about.

That is what Ive kept reading, so I think Im just gonna pass. Ive been playing the series for a long time, but Im more of a campaign person.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland

The games not bad. It's very similar to Black Ops in terms of game play/game style, just with fancy new updated weapons/equipment/etd. But, as with all COD games, lag is still ever present. I'm sure, currently, it's due to the millions of people pounding the servers but it's still there unfortunately.

Last night, while probably not the best example, there was serious lag. I couldn't stay in a lobby for more than 15 minutes without getting booted from said lobby or being kicked off the servers entirely. When I did get to play, very laggy. I'm pumping a full clip into someone and getting hit markers and then I die. After looking at the kill cam, none of my bullets registered and the opponent simply turns around, shoots 2 bullets (with perfect aim I might add) and I'm dead. Hoping something gets fixed on this but, then again, it is COD so it just might be that way from here on out. I did get the care package edition so, at least, I get to play with the quad rotor drone :D

Olive tree subscription

ALEANDRI-GROVE-531x587px_mg1_2.jpg

What is an Olive tree subscription? Never heard of such a thing.

AlabamaSlammer

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2012
Alabama
With this semester ending in less than a month, I decided to buy myself a few things for having all A's..

Attachments

• Amazon.com  DUALSHOCK3 wireless controller  Urban Camouflage   PlayStation 3   Video Games.png
    Amazon.com DUALSHOCK3 wireless controller Urban Camouflage PlayStation 3 Video Games.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,778
  • Amazon.com  Pre order Call of Duty  Black Ops 2.png
    Amazon.com Pre order Call of Duty Black Ops 2.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 54
  • nexus-10-confirmed.jpeg
    nexus-10-confirmed.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Amazon.com  Wireless Stereo Headset  Video Games.png
    Amazon.com Wireless Stereo Headset Video Games.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 65

barredfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2012
Picked up a copy of Black Ops II, as everyone else has. Doesn't seem too bad so far.

Attachments

• 2724alsh3er.jpg
    2724alsh3er.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,742

Orange Crane

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
What is an Olive tree subscription? Never heard of such a thing.
It's kind of like a fruit / wine / etc of the month club, with olive oil. You pick out a grove in Italy and you get olive oil pressed from "your tree" (or your share in the output of the grove, 1.5 liters to start and any additional you request). They make great oil! I use their mandarin olive oil in waffles, muffins, cakes.. I got the subscription, a couple of cans of olive oil to go with the subscription packet ("your" olive oil comes a few months down the road) and the book written by the people who started the enterprise ("The Dolce Vita Diaries"). A great gift for the foodie in your life who has everything already. http://nudo-italia.com/

Last edited:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I just ordered this Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Sharp Duo Knife Sharpener.

The reviews were great. I have a 3 stage ChefChoice sharpener which weighs a ton, makes a huge racket, takes forever to sharpen a few knives, and doesn't really put on a particularly good edge. It's such a pain in the ass it's up in the cabinet and I never use it.One of the reviewers (a professional chef) compared the two and found this to be better in all ways...AND IT WAS CHEAP!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-14 at 5.52.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-14 at 5.52.55 PM.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2012-11-14 at 5.53.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-14 at 5.53.32 PM.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I just ordered this Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Sharp Duo Knife Sharpener.

The reviews were great. I have a 3 stage ChefChoice sharpener which weighs a ton, makes a huge racket, takes forever to sharpen a few knives, and doesn't really put on a particularly good edge. It's such a pain in the ass it's up in the cabinet and I never use it.One of the reviewers (a professional chef) compared the two and found this to be better in all ways...AND IT WAS CHEAP!!!

If you are passionate about your knives you should consider getting stones. It can be a true artistic skill to set your own edges.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
If you are passionate about your knives you should consider getting stones. It can be a true artistic skill to set your own edges.

You are, of course, absolutely right. True sharpening involves a stone, which involves developing a new skill set.

However, my intense insanity about coffee takes up much of my available insanity time. Adding another insanity would be impossible, so I chicken out and go the easy way with knives.

Only so much time to devote to ridiculous obsessions...coffee is mine!!:p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.