Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daantje22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Netherlands
Hi there!

I'm from Holland and i would like to know if some of you have the same issue with their iPad 3&4 screens and if this problem is normal.

My iPad 3 & 4 screens give a pink/purple tint when i'n watching a black background or a movie with much black at the background.

My iPhone 5 also has the same issue, and i was wondering if it was normal because all 3 of the devices have the same issue, but no one else in the netherlands seems to have the same issue?

i also see it at 10 AM in the full daylight that thé black of the screen turns pink/purple.

Whites are white, blue's are blue, etc.. But only the black turns magenta colored.

Here i added some pictures so you guys see what i'm talking about;

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 262

prism

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2006
Hi there!

I'm from Holland and i would like to know if some of you have the same issue with their iPad 3&4 screens and if this problem is normal.

My iPad 3 & 4 screens give a pink/purple tint when i'n watching a black background or a movie with much black at the background.

My iPhone 5 also has the same issue, and i was wondering if it was normal because all 3 of the devices have the same issue, but no one else in the netherlands seems to have the same issue?

i also see it at 10 AM in the full daylight that thé black of the screen turns pink/purple.

Whites are white, blue's are blue, etc.. But only the black turns magenta colored.

Here i added some pictures so you guys see what i'm talking about;

Yes, it is normal, especially considering that you are looking at the screen from an angle. Don't worry, just enjoy your products.

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Normal or not, they look a lovely shade of purple. Might have to get some for my house and stick them on the walls as a center piece.

daantje22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Netherlands
Yes, it is normal, especially considering that you are looking at the screen from an angle. Don't worry, just enjoy your products.

Then why does most of the ipad owners haven't got this problem? Even applecare says its abnormal. And when i am directly looking at the screen i also see a magenta tint, not only in a weird angle..

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
In a pitch black room with a black screen at an angle, all bets are off.

daantje22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Netherlands
so you guys also have this issue? as much as at my pictures?

the white is perfectly white, the blue perfectly blue, etc..
only the black is magenta..

what causes this?

And why are there people who say they don't have this issue?

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC

what causes this?

It's NORMAL. RELAX.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
i hope so. i think my pregnancy hormones are taking over :eek:
My iphone 5 also have a magenta screen in this angle.

Its probably radiation that seeped into the Tulips and is coming out from there spores and illuminating all Apple devices within 3 miles of your home.
Kidding i'm half Dutch CLOG POWER.

daantje22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Netherlands
Its probably radiation that seeped into the Tulips and is coming out from there spores and illuminating all Apple devices within 3 miles of your home.
Kidding i'm half Dutch CLOG POWER.

Haha your funny :p

I also checked my iPod touch 4 gen, and it also has a pink hue.

So my ipad 3&4 and iPhone 5 and iPod touch 4 have it. So i assume its normal or else i've got 4 devices who are weird..

Anyone else?

prism

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2006
Haha your funny :p

I also checked my iPod touch 4 gen, and it also has a pink hue.

So my ipad 3&4 and iPhone 5 and iPod touch 4 have it. So i assume its normal or else i've got 4 devices who are weird..

Anyone else?

Listen, it is normal and a characteristic on ALL such devices IF you look at a black screen from a steep angle in a pitch dark room. It is NOT normal if you get the same purple color looking at the screen straight on.

daantje22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Netherlands
I have an iPad4 and I had a 3. None of then showed purple screen

Do you have the brightness set to 100%?
And a black screen (and a dimmed light, not full daylight) when you try to replicate it?
I think you also have it, but not replicating it right

----------

Listen, it is normal and a characteristic on ALL such devices IF you look at a black screen from a steep angle in a pitch dark room. It is NOT normal if you get the same purple color looking at the screen straight on.

When i'm looking right at it i see a little purple tint, the screen is not pitch black, also not on my iPhone/iPod touch 4. Not only in a dark room, but also at daylight they black is not pitch black

But the other colors like white, blue, yellow, etc are as true as they can get

thaikhoa

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2009
Why do you care too much on that normal thing? All my devices (included my ipad4 with light bleeding) get that pink/purple/magenta. It's normal when you look from the angles.

Enjoy your device, life is too short.

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010

what causes this?

Because it's not an issue. Several people have told you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.